Hee hee..... I´m another renegade from CG, too!! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:23 pm

I am guessing she is thinking of the old Cavy Madness board with the awful format. They moved to the ezboards (which are kinda nice, if not very permanent). I didn´t hang out there so I don´t know who was or wasn´t there.

ricky

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:53 pm

Ravenshade, are you talking to me or pigpal? I´m not sure so just in case (and I´m sure you won´t sleep tonight without having your curiosity satisfied :)) I´ll answer. When I first started visiting Cavy Madness (you´re right, Lynx, it was the old CM board) I had only one pig, an unneutered male named Ricky that my boyfriend spontaneously bought from a mall pet store for $80 (in his defense, he was at that time nearly completely piggy ignorant, Ricky had been RETURNED to the pet store after ONE YEAR because his owner moved and couldn´t be bothered to do anything responsible with him and he was overweight and old and grumpy (Ricky, not the boyfriend) so in a way he was a rescue of sorts). Since then I have adopted two more boys from the San Francisco shelter, Squeaky and Cinnamon. All three of them have itchy skin problems, which I used to post about, and currently all three are on TMP for raspy breathing problems - part of which is potentially allergy related, and I´ve been experimenting with bedding these days.

I think I told the story once on old CM about Earl, my true love pig. He napped in my bed with me, he taught himself to jump out of his cage (!) which I´ve never seen before, he had full run of the house, I used to read to him (The Hotel New Hampshire, out loud, twice :)) and whenever I got to the part about the bear who only said "Earl!" he would look up from his food bowl, attentively chewing. Then I found a lump on one of his mammary glands and the vet operated and did a biopsy, she thought she had gotten it all but it was too late and the cancer spread to his lungs, leaving very little room for breathing. I took him to another vet with more advanced x-ray equipment, his breathing was very labored, and right after he was returned to the room with me, he died in a particulary awful, painful way. After Earl, I couldn´t imagine replacing him and kept away from piggies altogether for 2+ years, until Ricky came home 2+ years ago.

Right around the time Earl died I started going on the internet, and I feel bad that he missed out on the benefit of so much shared information and knowledge. I´ve learned a lot about piggies since then and I appreciate the different information that can be discussed with healthy disagreements.

Anyway, more than you wanted? I so rarely get the chance to immortalize Earl to others; I apologize for taking advantage of the question. This spring I plan on bringing a fourth boy into the mix, once these ongoing skin/breathing/bedding issues are resolved. They all get along great.

I´m going to click the "add quick reply" button now though this was anything but.
:)
ricky

pigpal

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:56 pm

Earl sounds like a wonderful pig. Great name too. What kind of pig was he that he cost $80?

We have an ancient tabby cat named Mr. Earl, but we call him Speedo (it´s from an old song.)

I think Ravenshade must have been addressing you ricky, unless she´s suffering from amnesia. I think she knows who I am, or then again maybe it´s all that hard liquor destroying the brain cells and eating away at her memory?
Last edited by pigpal on Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:06 pm

LOL.

I meant you, Ricky. I got you mixed up with someone else from CM but I did remember the Earl bit so I´m just senile, not braindead. I can´t use liquor as an excuse b/c I rarely if ever drink. Might be residual damage from college, though....

My dear Max had a similar fate, so I truly sympathize. Sometimes our best isn´t quite good enough. Sounds like Earl and Max might have a lot to talk about over the Bridge.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:20 pm

Quadrouple posted!
Last edited by LynnK on Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:21 pm

Quadrouple posted!!!!
Last edited by LynnK on Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:22 pm

Amigo!
Last edited by LynnK on Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:26 pm

Yep Ricky I used to post over at the old CM board to that is how I met Vicki I have one of her boars now I had another one but he passed away last summer I miss him allot. Amigo and Oliver, Ollie was a black and white satin and Amigo is a augttoi abby. Amigo is dealing with malocclusion right now and gets to where pinta´s chin-sling everynight I got to get a picture of him with it on he looks so cute! I miss Vicki posting to she is one wise lady even called me at 11pm last night to check on Amigo cause I had given him to much of some of his meds now that is what I call a good friend!!!!!! Welcome aboard to GL I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! Oliver faces front and side view of Amigo!
Last edited by LynnK on Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:33 pm

OOPPSS Lynx just leave the bottom one delete the middle ones

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:47 pm

I can´t really delete any of them the way it is set up now. But you can edit the ones you want removed and just write in "doube post" or something like that. If you do it, I won´t mix things up.

doxunz

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:50 am

Hi Ginny, Glad to hear that you found this board too! I just started checking this out myself. I usually just read what is going on, but decided to give this one a try. The problems on the other board did discourage me for awhile. But hey, it´s not worth going over it now.
I have a tendency to go on and on and on. So I will shut up and just say! Glad your back!
Doxunz X 3

ricky

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:44 pm

Cute pigs, LynnK. The brown one looks like my Squeaky.

Pigpal, the kind of pig that costs $80 is the kind that is being sold by a greedy unscrupulous mall pet store that targeted my boyfriend as a living embodiment of the expression "there´s a sucker born every minute."

:)