Hee hee..... I´m another renegade from CG, too!! :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:57 pm

So he´s just an ordinary cavy, huh? Not a Baldwin or Skinny?

ricky

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:19 pm

I´m sorry, I´m not sure if you´re being serious or not. :) Baldwin as in the Baldwin brothers? I don´t know Skinny...

I´m sure I´ll look like an ass for not getting the joke, but so what else is new?

He´s an ordinary, fat, grumpy, moody, big hairy-balled pig who has happens to be sweet as pie once you get past the ugly stuff.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:23 pm

No joke. Baldwins are hairless pigs. Skinny pigs are mostly hairless. A few bristles here and there. So ugly they´re cute. :)

http://www.geocities.com/sscavies/pictures.html
Last edited by RavenShade on Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ricky

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:56 pm

You see? Lose-lose. One way or another I look like an idiot.

Wow those are some strange looking pigs. Why are their noses so big? Are they bred that way or is that a natural strain?

Alfie

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:07 pm

No, Ricky, not an idiot - I thought they were an elaborate hoax the first time I saw a baldwin. There was someone who actually had a very cute baldwin at CG - it looked like it was wearing pink pyjamas.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:12 pm

Yeah, I think that was Baldy. She posted the best pic of her dog and pig together.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:14 pm

I´ve pig-sat a Skinny. They´re like hot water bottles with feet.

Alfie

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:21 pm

That´s the one, Lynx. It was a bull terrier and it matched the pig!

pinta

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:55 pm

Does Baldy still post there? Another Canuck. Always liked her style and loved her pig. And did I hear rumour Kat had resurfaced? Australia Kat that used to jaw late at night with Lou, Eric and me. A kid but one of the smart ones. Last time I tried, her email addie was defunct. If anyone knows if it´s the same Kat - let her know where we are.

Alfie

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:06 pm

Yes, I think it is the same Kat. She left just before I arrived but I emailed her about sourcing hay. Her email is listed as meltedkitkat@hotmail.com

If it doesn´t work let me know and I´ll see if I can post a discreet invite.

Alibabble

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:09 pm

The first time I saw a skinny pig I was genuinely upset... I thought the mean pet store people had shaved the guinea pig (I was only little, don´t laugh too hard). I think I actually may have yelled at the man working at the store, poor guy.

pinta

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:40 pm

Well, I emailed Kat and didn´t hear a word from her. So just tell her I said hi if you see her at CG and that I emailed her.