Hampton 100

ricky

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:25 pm

Is anyone in touch with Jan and the Hampton 100? What is happening on that front these days?

Teresa

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:27 pm

You may not have noticed, buy Jan´s rescue is on the closed list on Cavy Rescue: http://www.cavyrescue.com/rescuesclosed.htm. I spoke with her in December when I was confirming and updating the status on all the rescues. As I recall she didn´t have very many left and was managing with what she had, but was no longer doing rescue due to health. At least for now.
Last edited by Teresa on Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyveg

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:36 am

That´s what I heard through the grapevine too, Teresa, that she had 20 or so left and was just going to keep them.

Cara

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:23 am

Jan lives very close to me. She has 23 pigs left and those are the ones she can´t bear to part with. She had quadruple bypass surgery the beginning of last summer and it took a toll on her. She had an infection in her thigh where they opened her up and it was very slow to heal. She is doing better now but has decided she can´t resuce anymore. It was really hard for her to get around. I think at least for now she´s not rescuing, she´s a pig sucker if there ever was one! :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:09 am

I just saw a post from her on CM in regards to hay on ebay (to help a farmer keep the farm).