Stories of the Puffy-Pigs! Part 3

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:02 am

I've missed you all =)

First, here's the link to Part 1

And Part 2

I meant to make updates, but the previous thread was coming to an end and I had so much to say I just end up putting it all off :/ The biggest is that I've graduated. It's been an exhausting year, really. I had so little sleep and the exams were just hectic (results come out in August). But now that it's over...I realize I'm going to miss it so much. There's something about high school that keeps you all together, morning periods, lunch times, free lessons....with the end of it, I feel like losing a part of myself.

This is the graduation ceremony. Felix came along

me and my friends (by the way, EVERYONE was in heels that day, and I came in my school shoes. I don't have heels anyway, but they all look so sophisticated and elegant and there I was, in chunky school shoes..)

My favourite photo of the day! This is Dr. Kwong, my chemistry teacher. This subject was the killer of my A levels, without her help and all those extra lessons she spent explaining things to me, I'd be so defeated by those benzene rings :P
I really love this photo, too. Don't we look like sisters? :) I'll really miss her

This was the graduation dinner. Everyone glammed up and I had such a headache picking out those fancy dresses in the end I just found an old dress from home and put on a shawl. I'm really uncomfortable in those formal dresses, actually. It's just...not my thing. Not even for grad dinner. I wore my mom's pearls :) that's my friend Chonoa (pronounced Shee-no-ah), she's indian american. She takes the same 3 subjects with me so we had tons of romantic conversations on past paper questions, homework, bla bla bla. She's going to med school, she's awesome :)

My math teacher, Mr.Higgins. I have a very personal relationship with the subject maths. I don't know if I'd call it my favourite subject, for the sheer amount of time I put in just figuring out Mechanics this year...but it's been rewarding. The exams went well for me ^^

Our totally awesome Bio class

and our Chemistry class, a family of 4 :)

one more of Felix. He just completed his IB, which is about 3 times as rigorous as me taking the A levels...and he did it all on his own. I remember how much I had to spoon feed him for IGCSE, he'd play so many computer games and just crammed it all in the end. IB's not for cramming, and I wish I told him more how PROUD I am of him! He did it all on his own :D AND he's accepted into Northeastern University and Umass Lowell.

It was really nice having him come over to my school a few times, this was after we watched the school musical (A Midsummer Night's Dream). My mom made me wear the dress. Yeah, can you see how uncomfortable in them? :P In fact I only just changed into this about 2 minutes before the photo, just for the photo :P The rest of the time I had jeans and a tshirt.

last but not least, my boyfriend. He's making a shot for vet school! There's one opening in Hong Kong next year, which is a huge hype around here, students don't need to go abroad to study to be veterinarians. But it's super competitive. (yes! a guinea pig shirt - at first, I made him wear it but later on he'd just throw them on all the time :P) Of the many things I have to leave behind with the end of high school, I'm glad I get to take him with me :')

OKAY. so, there was TWO things wrong with all the last batch of photos.

1. my hair. I need to do something about my hair. It's the same in every photo, it's the same everyday the last two years. Long, straight, pony tail. I can't wait to cut it all off and curl it or I don't know, spice it up..!!!

2. EXCUSE ME but this is a GUINEA PIG thread on a GUINEA PIG forum!!!!!!!

There's some news I want to share. We've lost PJ.

This has been heartbreaking to me, not only because his death was so sudden, but that him and Buggy have been in the family since the very start, since Puffy was around! I actually named him PJ at the beginning because he looked like Puffy (kind of) and PJ is "Puffy Junior", haha.

I just fished this photo out from a very ancient folder on flickr...these were my original trio. *tear*

But now...Buggy's a lone pig. Even if I neutered him and put him with the girls, he would fight with Jiffy (who's also neutered and with the girls right now, they're both very alpha-boarly...) so the best is to get him a neutered female.

The only neutered girl I have is Snowy. But she's an old girl now with some health problems, of course she should remain with the herd she grew old with.

I'm checking the SPCA website for females every day for the last month. Hopefully, we'll be getting Buggy a little wife soon :(

I WILL do a memorial for PJ, I do it for every one of my pigs that I've lost. That'll come later.

On the up side, we have a newcomer! Bf wanted his own pig, as much as he loved my herd. He isn't allowed pets in his home, and I think you learn alot indeed, growing up with pigs like *ahem* Snoopy and Minipuff :P So we decided this is the best upbringing for FLUBBY. She's chubby and flabby on her tummy, that's her name. But she's also very lean and athletic. When she stretches, she's streamline, like a jet. Then she can kinda "condense" herself into a ball like this photo, and she's all round and chubby again.

She's still a baby, probably 6 months. When she first came we kept her in a separate cage, but took her out for veggies, she slowly integrated into the herd, but still receives the occasional death threat from Minipuff :P (look how very small she is next to Snoopy, WHO, by the way, is now a smashing 1.1kg)

This is what a lot of my revision days consisted of. Snoopy giving me her opinion, and my dad playing card games on the computer.

This is what I see when I come home everyday, which just about put the biggest smile on my face :))))))

and these are the smiles they give me back! (or what I interpret as smiling - which is actually various snapshots of their chewing-action)

Honestly, I've taken so much less photos this year because of school, exams...I'll post more next time because I don't want all the photos to lag the loading for some people.

Minpuff reminds everyone to tune in!

I'm so glad to be back, by the way :) *hugs to everyone*

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks for the updates! You've been very busy and deserve a little downtime. I'm sorry about PJ but am glad you have a new addition.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 am

So glad to see you and your lovely piggies :-)

Congrats on finishing high school. I am certain your scores will be fabulous!

I am really sorry about losing PJ :-( RIP sweet PJ!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 am

So sorry about PJ! Hugs!

Flubby is lovely!

Glad to see an update!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 am

Horray on a new thread and congrats on the exams. I'm sure all your hard work will pay off. The pigs all look as fluffy as ever, and the newest addition is a real sweetheart.

I hope Buggy continues to do well while you look out for a friend for him.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 am

Sere! I am so pleased for you! Fab pics, you are a very beautiful young lady :))))

And I am sorry about PJ, I now how sad you will feel . . .

Thanks so much for sharing your photos, you made my day! X

SwtMelly

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 am

Great update Sere! So sorry to hear about PJ :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 am

You're such a cutie, serelixyue! I am sorry you lost PJ. I hope the coming year is a good one for you!

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 am

Congratulations Sere!! You told us what your friends will be doing in the future. What about you? What will you be studying? Animal Photography? :) Endings are tough, but then you have the excitement of something new beginning! So glad to be able to read about you and your piggy family again!

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Congratulations on your third thread.

Sorry about PJ.

Did you have a picture of about 12 piggies on your first thread? I can't find it.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Sere, so glad you posted here. I'm sorry about PJ. It always hurts a little more when you lose your first ones.

Congratulations on finishing school (for now). Your babies are looking just adorable as always. I love the name Flubby!

tashab

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm glad you are back Sere! I'm sorry about Puffy, and I hope the new little one settles with Minipuff soon for you.