4 young male guinea pigs for adoption in OH

LucyLou

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Some of you may know I rescued a female guinea pig who was listed as free snake food on craigslist. She has since had four beautiful male guinea pigs.

These boys have just reached 3 weeks of age and have been seperated from mom and her female companion. They have been handled daily since birth, and though skittis in the cage they are friendly and cuddly when held. I'd prefer if they go in pairs, but you can take just one if you have a male companion at home.

They are used to a minimum 1 hour of floor time a day. They are eating fresh veggies twice a day, free choice timothy orchard grass mix hay, and a weight appropriate serving of oxbow pellets. They have been raised alongside a friendly cat and house rabbits so they have no fear of other pets. I'm in no rush to rehome them, currently searching for the perfect situation.

Pictures to come!

LucyLou

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 pm

The last two babies, the american crested marking baby and the solid brown baby, are very close and I'd love to see them stay as a pair.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:54 pm

How adorable they all are!

LucyLou

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 pm

They sure are! Their little ears flap when they wheek and you'd be suprised how high they can popcorn!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:40 am

They're gorgeous.

Bless you and thank you for taking the mom, and for screening and caring for her young so well.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 am

They are quite stunning - I'm sure you'll find good homes for them in a hot second!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:07 am

That first little dude with the crazy white eyebrows. So so cute.

LucyLou

Post   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:53 pm

I just want them to find the best homes possible. Does anyone have reccomendations of where else to find potential adopters? I put a flyer at my vet's and posted on guinea pig zone. I'm also not in any rush.

LucyLou

Post   » Sun May 04, 2014 5:47 pm

A home for the white faced baby and baby with the white shoulder are currently pending! A nice couple just recently lost their 7 year old boar and are looking for another pair of males. Sounds like a lovely home =)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Great news. That does sound like a good home.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 6:01 am

Excellent prospect. Please keep us posted.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am

They look wonderful. Do you do Facebook? I was helped to find Barley there.