Chock

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:11 pm

he is very good at letting me know if he is displeased about something just as he is at when he is.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:06 am

chocks had a good run this morning. so glad i got his running enclosure even when he didnt use it properly until the hay box was added in. Now hes hard to get him out of it even when hes had enough.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:07 am

chocks having a riet in his pen this morning. :) he loves to get out and run around in the mornings. I love hearing him eating and playing.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:09 am

cleaned chocksters cage out this morning and he is all happy again. Running around, jumping about, wheeking to him self. He always does this after a cage clean. its amazing how dirty the cage gets after such a short space of time.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:57 pm

mind you i would be worrying if the cage wasnt dirty as there would be a case of impaction to deal with.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:39 am

chock didnt wanna return to his cage this morning after his run. I had to remove the hay box in order to catch him. Managed it in the end. Chock wasnt impressed. he wanted to stay out longer. He had all ready been running for an hour and a half by this point of me putting him back.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:37 am

he would runn all day if he was aloud to hahaha

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:56 am

i think its inportant for pigs to spend time outside their cages. We benifit goin outside so why shouldnt it be the same for a pig. Thats my reasoning anyway. A forageing exploring pigs a happy pig.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 am

So true, Maddy! :) They are probably healthier from the extra exercise and happiness from exploring.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:53 am

i know i use a pen for running but its a decent sized one. Its a meter squair right round so all the panels are a meter. I dont wanna stand on him iether. Thats also why i use a pen for free ranging so he knows and i know where he is. He gets lots of yummy veg when he is in there as well and his hay box plus see grass ball for gnawing. He loves a good run. He even asks to come out in the morning as thats when i usually run him. He sometimes gets a second run in the afternoon but mostly in the morning when its nice and quiet. my favorite time of day, the start of the morning but i am more musical in the early evening. thats when i am most likely to write songs.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 am

goin in to town on wednesday to see if the shop has got dryed dandelions in as they didnt when i was last there. Will get some more hay too.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:08 am

can never have enough hay...