Chock

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:10 am

it amazes me how much hay he actually gets through in a month. He will be goin to the vet soon to have his claws clipped and that amazes me too how fast they grow in such a short space of time. Must be doin something right for them to keep growing like this. Hopeing for a good summer as my other half has a pen with a net so chock can have grass under his feet for once in his life. think he will enjoy having grass under his feet as well as the sunshine.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:44 am

chocks been teeth clicking at various points today and i have no idea why. Silly boy! He goes through spells of doin that and i never know why he does it. Maybe he doesnt like all the cars or people passing the house today for some reason.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:04 am

cleaned chocks cage out as it was needing done and now i am being rewarded with popcorning and pleased wheeking.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 am

hes tired him self out running through his fresh new hay stack. Now hes conked out underneeth it now. Think his cage being all fresh makes him sleep better. Just as we have a better nights sleep when our bedding s changed. So it must be the same for pigs.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:53 am

Chocks been wheeking at me to come out to play for over half an hour so hes in the pen now. playing away quite happy. The play pens been the best thing i ever got for chockster. He loves exploring the space every time he goes in there. I put his toys in there in different formations each time so he has new things to discover when he comes out to play. his favorite toy is the box full of hay and a bowl of something yummy to eat too.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 am

today i got some stuf for chock. Dandelion and fennal sticks. Carrot and herb sticks. Dandelion mix and hay.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm

ordered some stuf online for chock. Some bedding. Dandelion and green oat mix. Food and hay... Can never have enough hay.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 am

washed chocks running towl yesterday afternoon. Its dry now so can be used today so chock will have his run like usual. I was worried that he would have to stay in his cage as it wouldnt be dry but its dry so thats good. :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:43 am

Chock spent two hours in his pen today which is the longest hes ever been in there for ages.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:58 am

think it was the new box and new hay in said box that done it. I replace the box every week and the hay every day. He sure loves his fresh hay and veg and dandelion mix and iether his dandelion and fennal sticks/ carrot sticks which he really likes or an ocationall corn cob. ooo yeh and fresh veg.

daveandtiff

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 pm

It's funny how much they love their hays. We have some boys and a girl who kind of like most all of their hays, and then one boy who is peee-keeey! He has separate locations for each type of hay within a total pile. Lately he's been choosing more of his oat/barley hay, which was totally an accidental discovery. By the looks of it, it just seems too large and tough, but he likes to chew so much that it's sort of ideal for him. And he likes the flavour (because if he didn't, there would be no chomping).

daveandtiff

Post   » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Has Chock ever had a little garden or grass plant? I had thought it would be cool to create a flat section of wheatgrass to be able to have them treat as their own little indoor lawn. A few weeks ago, I got a funny picture of our boy, Sassy, after he'd hopped up into the larger oval grass bucket. It's a fairly tall bucket, too. Instead of standing on his back feet to reach the grass, he found a "better way" to get at it (had posted the photo along with Ben Harper's tune, Better Way. Thought it was approp).