My peeg is not pooping regularly

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Don't worry about the ears. They're one of the major ways they moderate their body temperature. If I understand it correctly, when they're red, they're trying to cool themselves. When blue, they're either chilly or a normal temperature. Given the amount of fat and fur they have, plus their Andean ancestry, I doubt chilly.

Vesperia

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:45 pm

I took a picture of Noty and his bloat. http://imgur.com/rit62zV
You can see it's like a swollen belt that goes down his side.

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 am

He now has diarrhea again. At first he made a bunch of perfect poops, then suddenly diarrhea.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:49 am

You've read www.guinealynx.info/.html ?

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:50 am

I did, this is the second time in as many days he's had it. But it was the one time and then it was over. It seemed to help with the bloat too for a while. I got him a medicine which has simethicone in it and gave it to him a few hours ago. He's still very bloated and he's eating 99% of his poops, but I saw him eat a few pellets earlier--before that he was only eating hay, no pellets, no vegetables.

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Now he's not drinking. He will lick the water off my fingers, but as soon as I get close to him with the water bottle he'll avoid it.

All afternoon he stood with his fur puffed out.

I had to force him a little to eat, but he did until just now. Now he's not really eating either, he's back to a strand here and there like in the first day, although that big swell on his tummy that you can see in the picture is much smaller.

All day I noticed he's holding his front right paw in the air, like he's about to bend back and get his cecal pellets, but he doesn't. Could the bloat be pressing on some nerves?

In a little while I will give the medicine.

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:32 pm

He just peed and pooped. His poop looks really nice, I'm very happy with it, but his pee is red. He did have a slice of beet yesterday or the day before yesterday, but is it normal for his pee to still be red? And I think it's only occasional, because earlier when he peed today one time I noticed it, then another time his pee was clean.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:58 pm

It may be worthwhile to get an xray as he may have stones too.

www.guinealynx.info/.html

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:59 pm

He just ate on his own, hay and pellets. But his coat is still puffy and he looks like he just wants to go to sleep. He seems so weak, it breaks my heart.

In a little I will give him something called Smecta, which is good for all his booboos and soon after that he gets another round of probiotics.

I have no idea where I could get something like that, but I'll ask and I'll monitor his pee color.

Vesperia

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I just realized that Enrofloxacin is Baytril. I have not been giving it to him, he only gets the simethicone, smecta and probiotic.

He drank some water in the past hour, but I am considering taking him to the vet again to get some injections with liquids, I don't want him to get dehydrated.

And I just want to mention it, in case it's relevant, his poops does not smell smell bad, not even his diarrhea. They either don't smell or smell faintly like hay.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:05 pm

That is a good thing.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:07 pm

You should be able to syringe him water without having to take him to the vet for sub-cues. You can add a bit of fruit juice or some veggie juice that he particularly likes to make it more appealing to him. Mine will usually take 10 cc or so from a syringe.