Need to Rehome

JessicaC

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 pm

It has been advised by my lawyer and the judge that I need to Rehome most, if not all of my guinea pigs.

I just got primary custody of my daughter. During the court ordered home visit, the person doing the visit was not pleased, at the time 5 guinea pigs. ( only have 4 now)

As of yesterday, I was granted primary custody.

So, with heavy heart, my boys, Niko and Teddy were the 2 I chose. Not an easy decision. Fluffy and Sassy are the 2 I've had the longest.

I do not have photos at this time.

I am willing to meet up to 100 miles or less. I am in Moscow, Idaho.
I know that everyone here are all good people. And if someone takes them, I know they will be in good hands.

I have a week. Not willing to put them in a shelter or Craigslist.

A little bio.
Niki is short haired, black and white. He is a bit demanding. But a sweetheart.

Teddy is a teddy. Light brown and white. And feels like a Brillo pad. Hehe.

Both boys do get along with each other if adopted together.

Please help me.

Thanks!
Jess

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 am

Why the heck would having guinea pigs have any bearing on this? They are nuts! I am sorry you need to rehome them but wish you success.

JessicaC

Post   » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:12 am

It's because they have a slight smell! I know. Stupid. I was not happy. And the fact that I have cats too.

They were adamant about that and my priority be my daughter and her schooling, due to her disabilities.

Also, because she shows no interest.

I was clear, that I won't get rid of them because the kids don't like them. They thought other wise

My husband and I were not willing, but the courts made it clear.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm

This is a really rough spot to be in. Good luck and blessings to them and to you in finding them a good, safe home, and to you and your daughter too.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:57 pm

I'm so sorry! This sounds like an awful situation this judge has put you in. I don't know your situation, but under most circumstances it sounds unreasonable to ask someone to do what they've asked of you.

JessicaC

Post   » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:33 am

I agree too. If no one wants to adopt them, then I may have to do the unthinkable.... Craigslist

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:06 pm

See if there are any rescues even remotely close to you (Spokane??) that might be able to help, under the circumstances, first.

Also, talk to your vet's office, or any exotic vets in the area, first. Your situation is extreme and unusual, and maybe an experienced vet tech or someone similar could help.

Even a humane society in Calgary might be worth contacting. Guinea pigs can still cross the border freely afaik.

Please keep us posted.

JessicaC

Post   » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:37 am

Just a little update....

I still have them... They are on waiting lists for shelters. I've tried Craigslist... Nope. Not even a spammer! Shocking, I know!!

JessicaC

Post   » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Wow. People are so Damn stupid!!

Almost had them adopted to a family. But they wanted them to be free and a 30 day guarantee!
Then the lady said this:
since they are 3 years old, they are too old and would require too much vet bills!! And they didn't want to pay for vets.

Seriously!! My boys have always been healthy!

Then she said she will go find a breeder and get a baby guinea pig!!

Are you kidding me!!
😬

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:15 pm

OMG! You're right. Some people are so stupid! I shudder to think of the life that pig/pigs will have.