Two young pigs need home in MA

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Nevins Farm MSPCA in Methuen ALWAYS have guinea pigs. I would look into adopting there. Oh - and I see goosey already recommended it.

Since your sow came from Petco, it's possible she may have built-in company (she could be pregnant).

Matty86

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:50 am

Well hopefully she isn't pregnant... lol she looks like she's about full size though, I have no idea how to tell and they didn't tell me.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Matty86

Post   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:15 pm

We did end up getting our second piggy, from the Dedham shelter. She had come in with another but they were separated because the other was bullying her. Oreo (formerly Yoshimi) is much more laid back and you can tell shes more used to being held than our younger petco girl.

They saw each other for the first time last night, I moved the cages to the same room. We will probably do an official introduction on Saturday, but I think it'll go well. Gretel (the younger, petco pig) was popcorning all over her cage last night when she saw Oreo, hopefully that's a good sign that she's excited to have a friend!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Read this on introductions before you put them together: http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

greysome

Post   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Lol--Gretel's reaction to Oreo sounds just like Miss Daisy's to Winnie's presence. Granted, Miss Daisy is an exciteable lil fella and my little popcorner. She's gotten Winnie to join her on a couple of occasions which is a treat to see.

Definitely read through the link bpatters gave and feel free to ask questions. The members here have been very helpful when I've had questions.

I didn't bother using the bath method when I was introducing Winnie and Miss Daisy to each other but I had a small dish tub on standby in case it seemed the two may need to bond over the evil bath-lady who took over the body of the veggie-lady. I also had a couple of sites opened to use as a reference/help (the link bpatters already gave you as well as this one...especially helpful was having behaviors separated into red, yellow, and green sections regarding whether or not to step in). Honestly, I think the introductions were much more nerve-wracking for me than for them.

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Plug for MSPCA at Nevins Farm! I've gotten my last two pigs from them. :) I'd adopt more from them if I had the space!