Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:20 am

Jupiter for the last week has been sneezing so when Jasmine, Jan and Joy went to the vet on Monday we also took Jupiter.

Carol found a nasty hay seed in her eye BUT she kept sneezing, so today when my husband did her eye with the ear and eye ointment he got a nasty hay seed from her nose.

BUT she's still sneezing, then you would NOT believe it, when going to change bedding and feed Jupiter and Jill, Jill had a grass seed in her eye.

Now on advise from Talishan we give the girls Meadow and Oaten hay BUT how can we stop the girls from getting seeds in their eyes? Short of buying them little googles? And their blankets are just covered in seeds.

Hay seeds is why we stopped giving them Meadow hay, any advice much appreciated!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:54 am

Are there lots of seed heads? Could you remove them easily? Beat the seed heads out of the hay?

Here in the states, you could (often) order third cut timothy from KMS Hayloft. I think it has very few to no seed heads (correct me if I'm wrong, people).

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:44 pm

My only thought would be to pick as many seed heads out of the hay as possible before giving it to them.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I swear. They have to have the hay. I wish you didn't have this much trouble with it. :-(

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Beat the seed heads out of the hay?
I will try this method and see how we go. Both Jill and Jupiter are going to the vet Friday to have eyes checked and Jupiter's nostril checked.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 am

Look at what our slaves did us yet again this year. This fashion trend will never take off. We look like dills. It was our 2nd birth on the 16th of this month and look at what we had to wear! At least we got spoilt rotten on our special day. Just get rid of these silly hats GRRRRRR!

It's enough to make a piggy cry and go on the wagon and no more carrot juices. (Just kidding).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:02 pm

They do look happy despite the silly hats!

Breadfan4

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Happy Birthday ladies!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Happy birthday, girls!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Lovelies! Happy Birthday!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:17 am

I have just cut/trimmed Jan and Jupiter's toe nails and found Jupiter to be having trouble breathing. Her mouth is open, rapid heart rate. She also feels floppy at times.

When we did bedding change earlier and feed her and her sister Jill both were Okay. We are scared to handle her as flashes to how we lost Jemma have come flooding back.

Can anyone suggest what is going on and how we can treat it. She and her sisters turned 2 last month.

We did get hay Oaten and Meadow from different places than usual. Could this have something to do with it?

It is not quite 1.00am here and vet will open in 7 and a half hours. Please if you can help much appreciated.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Oh no! Have no advice but will add you all to my prayers. Please keep us informed.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks GrannyJu1. It is exactly the same as Jemma well the symptoms are anyways. If we handle Jupiter she gets stressed and starts gasping for air.

Jupiter is not eating so tried to hand feed her without stressing her. NO such luck. She started to gasp for air and jerk bodywise and rapid heart beat. I only got 2 syringes in not even sure if she swallowed them.

It is now less than 2 hours till vets open but then what? They had NO idea what was wrong with Jemma and after she had passed I wanted an autopsy done they said THAT WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHAT SHE DIED OFF. Well gee that's what I wanted. That mistake could cost me Jupiter but who thought history would repeat it's self? Jupiter is the black piggy.