Male Black Teddy for Adoption - Oxford, PA

bmoore

Post   » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello!

Sadly, I have to find a home to place my beloved Bob in. I rescued him from abusive care in a classroom environment where he was left alone for many days in a very small, dirty cage and extremely poor nutrition. I've had him for a couple of years but, being a college student now, my hands are tied and my parents are no longer able to provide him with care as I am at home very infrequently.

He is, by my math, a little over three years old. He is a handsome black trddy with an incredibly mellow personality. He is unphased by being handled or cared for, but is very active if you provide him with the space.

He has lived alone, unfortunately, but I have tried my hardest to give him a healthy living environment and a lot of interaction.

Bob will be moving in with his cage and supplies. His cage is a 2x3 C&C with a wire shelf lid, a food bowl, a water bottle, a felt forest, bedding, and orchard grass. He will come with his remaining orchard grass (~5 lbs) and Oxbow pellets. I insist that Bob remain with his supplies-- I also have lots of extra grids if you wish to expand his cage. I will not home him without his supplies.

Attached are some photos of my boy. He isn't too young but he's still my healthy little boy. I will miss him dearly and hope that he finds a loving forever home and an owner that he will make as happy as he has made me.

Link to the album: http://m.imgur.com/a/ojY5y

I can provide additional pictures on request.

Contact me at:
bmmoore1998@yahoo.com

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:53 pm

I hope you can find him a great home!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Bless you and thank you for rescuing him from a horrible environment, and caring for him so well. You saved his life, make no mistake about that.

bmoore

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Thank you for saying that...it's been hard. I still regret that I never could get him another companion, and going away for college made it harder to care for him.

But before that, in the four years I was at high school, that teacher lost over 7 animals. They were in such HORRIBLE states...and two of these I cared for as best as I could, but they passed long before they should have. This one was supposed to be different and it breaks my heart that I have to rehome him, but the best thing I can do now is try and make sure he gets a good final home.

Bob is still up for adoption...we've received no interest but please, if anyone is or knows anyone else who is looking for the calmest, most handsome lad in the whole world, he is it. He's very tolerant and mellow about handling and even getting his nails trimmed. But make no mistake, this isn't freezing of fear, he's still an active, bouncy, sweet boy and I know he could make someone else very happy if they gave him a chance.

So please if anyone knows someone who is looking for a guinea pig like him, please refer them here. I'm going to post this in other places too, and I just hope someone responds.

bmoore

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Also, at this rate I am flexible with the adoption fee, which is why I did not list anything hard. If the interested person already has a good home and can prove it, I am more than willing to just set a fee for Bob and give his extra food with him for no extra cost. Only reason I say his supplies are locked to him is because I want him to have enough space and a good home. He can never go back in that horrible, cramped cage again. He's a good boy and he doesn't deserve that again.

bmoore

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!

Bob has been adopted and will be going to live with his new folks tomorrow! :D He will be in very good hands and I just wanted to update this to let everyone know!

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Yay so glad you were able to get him adopted and sorry you had to remove him in the first place

greysome

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:12 pm

FANTASTIC NEWS! Very happy to hear this :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Glad he found a good home!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:06 pm

That's great! What a beautiful piggy they are getting.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 pm

I was just checking on Bob to see if I could talk my husband into adopting him. Too late I guess! I am happy for you and Bob though. I recently lost my permanent foster boy Brillo who was also a teddy. I miss him terribly.

Can I ask if Bob actually enjoys being petted? Brillo would come running to be petted. I was curious if that was a teddy trait or just Brillo's personality.