Male Guinea Pig Needs Loving Home! [FREE!]

maeganjohnson

Post   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Dexter is an intact, male guinea pig. He is a tri-colored Abyssinian who is about 6 months to a year old.

He loves to run in circles in his cage and wheek for snacks and veggies. His favorite snack is baby carrots.

He is extremely easy to pick up and hold, and he loves to be petted.

If you are planning to house him with another male guinea pig, please know that Dexter is a dominant guinea pig. So it is preferable to house him with a spayed female or a baby male guinea pig.

HE COMES WITH:
-HAY
-PELLETS
-CAGE (Small, not meant for permanent residence)
-WATER BOTTLE
-HAY BAG & RACK
-GUINEA PIG IGLOO (House)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Hoping you can find him a good home!

maeganjohnson

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 am

I hope so too. He was rescued from an auction where he was going to be eaten and so we took him in hoping we could bond him with our other two piggies. But it didn't go well, and we aren't allowed to get him a friend.

WICharlie

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am

Please don't offer him for free. People who own snakes watch for free small animals to use as snake food. I'm sure you don't want him to end up like that. Also, people often see guinea pigs as disposable pets already. If you ask for a reasonable adoption fee, they are more apt to see the pig as worthy of decent care. Otherwise, they will say to themselves, "Well, I got it for nothing, so that's what it's worth!" Then many will not seek medical care for the pig when needed or will just leave it under a bush outside when they grow tired of it. I speak from experience as someone who rescued guinea pigs for years.

maeganjohnson

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 pm

@WICharlie
Thank you for the advice, but I wouldn't give him away to just whoever asks first. If someone does show interest in him, I will not hand him over without thorough knowledge of the person and their ability to keep guinea pigs as pets.
Putting this guinea pig up for adoption is only an attempt to give him a friend (which I cannot give him). If this cannot happen (with someone who I trust to do at least as good a job as I would as his owner or better), then I will simply keep him.