young pigs passing away

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks for the update. I hope you do not lose any more!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 am

Hoping all goes well and you get answers soon! Hand feeding one is hard work, hand feeding 9 I can't imagine how you do it. Up to a few weeks ago we were hand feeding two till we lost Jasmine. Wishing you all the best!

Traudl64

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks for you all. Perhaps you can help me with Doxycylin. You are using Doxycylin as a usual antibiotic in US. We are calling Doxycylin as a antibiotic with high risk in Germany. Are you using the Typ. you can use for injektios or the Tye you only can eat? It's chemicall Little different. Ivan has all sings of a lung disease. I would like to ask the vet for Doxycycline. if we have Mykoplasma- nothing other will work. Enrofloxacin seems to be not working enough.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 am

We use oral. I think injected would work okay too.

www.guinealynx.info/antibiotics.html

Traudl64

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:52 am

Sometime we are using the liquid for Injektion to give it oral. it 's little different to the Doxycylin for oral use only. I think, I will ask for a sirup

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:25 am

I've given it to my pigs a couple of times with no problems, and they've gotten the oral stuff. It's not a syrup, just a thin solution.

It's used here for young pigs when vets are worried about Baytril (enrofloxacin) stunting their growth, and Bactrim isn't killing the organisms.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Bactrim isn't killing the organisms.
We used tablet form and the pigs tolerated it pretty well. They would get half a tablet depending on weight added to water and given via syringe. Hoping Ivan feels better real soon!

Traudl64

Post   » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Thank you. Ivan has gotten some ACCsirup and we maked an Inhalation with salted water. he seems to be Little better. tomorow we will visit the vet. today the exotic vet isn't working.

Traudl64

Post   » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 pm

We are eating Doxycyline now

Traudl64

Post   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 am

Doxycyline is great. 7 pigs are better. 2 are like Monday. we will visit the vet tomorow. Perhaps we will hear something from the necropsy tomorow.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

That is very encouraging!

Traudl64

Post   » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

We had heared from the necropsy. we have a lot of questions, no answer. So we are hoping, Doxycycline will work as well, as it did .