KM's Hayloft

Mrshashim

Post   » Fri May 11, 2018 11:33 am

Regardless of the stresses of new ownership and website.. there's no excuse for outright ignoring your customers. I don't even have a tracking number to track my shipment. I just hope I receive my order soon. I really don't want to get hay anywhere else. Kms has the best quality...but if this continues, I won't have a choice.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

I ordered some Timothy pellets a couple of weeks ago. They came, but did not have the sticker saying they are Timothy pellets. Otherwise, the order came quickly.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri May 11, 2018 3:11 pm

When was the sale?

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Fri May 11, 2018 8:12 pm

I think the sale was earlier this year. Maybe sometime between January and March. I think I got an email about it but I can't find it.

Mrshashim, I agree. There is no excuse for ignoring your customers for weeks. I remember when Linda had a family emergency. She let everyone know and we were very understanding and patient. The least they could do is put a notice on their website explaining the delay.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 am

Right, same thing when pellets were delayed from their manufacturer.

JX4

Post   » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I just got an email from Dan at KMS saying the 2nd cut Timothy is finally in. I haven't contacted them or ordered any recently, so this must have been an automatic email sent to current customers?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Must have been. I got it too, and I haven't ordered hay from them in a coon's age.

lisam

Post   » Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 pm

I ordered, and received, my timothy pellets in a timely manner.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am

lisam, maybe they got their act together. Let's hope it stays at way. After that mysterious period of radio silence, I did get my pellets. Not good that they did not respond to reasonable customer inquiries. Linda built the business with a combination of outstanding products and beyond outstanding customer service.

As some of you know, I was driving from Boston to Portland OR a few years ago, and spent a lovely afternoon visiting with Linda and her husband. They are such nice people, and I got a tour of the barns where they stored the hay and pellets. Their home and the surrounding area are very beautiful.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 12:29 pm

It could be that they switched the website to another host. That often happens when one company is bought out, and it usually results in a period of radio silence while they're tweaking all the settings.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Going to a different host is definitely a possibility. When Linda first decided to sell hay, years ago, I helped with a simple order form - then we switched to some free business software and later different free business software (oscommerce to zencart). Then she went with a company and paid software. I had a chance to meet Linda and her husband many years ago. She is indeed a wonderful person.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm

They were not responding to messages on Facebook either so I don't think the problem was a new website.