Random Guinea Pig Fun!

rjespicer

Post   » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:02 am

Gotta have Brussel Sprouts for Thanksgiving and Christmas

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 am

Where, oh where, do you folks, and anyone you know, get those cute little clothing articles and accessories for your guinea pigs? Everything I've found so far has been for small dogs or cats and still too big!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:02 pm

All that squeaking! Pigs at the trough.

I think sprouts might be hard to digest for pigs. However back before I knew anything I gave our first pig sprouts & a number of things what weren't so good for her. She must have had an iron stomach.

At 2:00 the white pig gets on top of the pile. :)

JX4

Post   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:41 pm

GrannyJu1 I was wondering the same thing! Maybe Barbie stuff?

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Bookfan I thought the same thing when I saw the video
I gave our 3 a few leaves last week but not even a whole brussels worth.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:26 pm

After having 3 or more pigs with stone problems (lost count) in the last few years and having one pig go from bloat to uri to dead in 4 days in spite of 3 vet visits & treatment - I've become paranoid about what I give the pigs to eat.

Our first pig got raw broccoli, brussel sprouts, potato peals, any fruit she would eat (in moderation), seeds with her kibble, cucumber, celery, raw oats. Most of that is probably ok in small, infrequent amounts. She lived to be 6 in spite of mediocre vet care & all the mistakes we made.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am

I wonder how much noise a capybara makes when it popcorns. Pippin weighed three pounds and was surprising light on his feet. :)

GrannyJu1, a lot of people make their little items, but you could also try doll/toy/craft and hobby shops/web sites. I think I remember some people using American Girl doll accessories. Some people also used puppy/kitten costumes.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:12 am

Clearly I'm slacking as a guinea pig mom:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:35 am

Here are a few more from Facebook that are too cute not to share:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Most excellent! I love the gentle wheeking! And I love the cards! Especially the top one!

rpaws

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Best Christmas tree ever.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Most people here have already seen these, but this is one of my all-time favorites:

This one, too: