Worst Guinea Pig carer in the world or the unluckiest?

rjespicer

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Veering a little of topic GPIG but yep I can understand that, especially Clotted Cream.

Fortunately I have found several places out here I can get British foods including a place in Buffalo NY that will ship me Fish and Chips, Pies and Pasties.

GreysGuineaPigs the Guineadad website now suggests a 2 hour soak, with vinegar, once a month to try and shift any dried pee that is locked in to the absorbent core. That seem to help.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 pm

And here I thought Pasties were something to wear ;-)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 am

@ Lynx: (R)olling (O)n (F)loor (L)aughing (M)y (A)** (O)ff.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:33 pm

When I worked in manufacturing we had to wear ear plugs and we’d hang them around our necks by the cord. We went out for lunch one day and my coworker was embarrassed when a Subway sandwich maker asked if those were pasties. What was worse was my coworker didn’t know what pasties were so I had to explain!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:41 pm

I guess I should stay on topic. I use washable bed pads under a full sheet of fleece. The pads are washable in hot water and really are absorbent. I used them for years for a senior dog. They are quilted with a waterproof backing and I ordered them from Dr. Leanords catalog.

rjespicer

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:35 pm

I guess you could wear them if you wanted to Lynx. Not very practical though.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Oh my word! Too funny. I leave the forum for a little while, and this is what happens. ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Very cute, rjespicer! I see there are other confused people in the world!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 pm

She must have spent all day baking!

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Back on topic.
The girls are still doing well. Chunkita is 1,163g, Nala is 1,034g and Suzi is 842g.
All 3 seem to be doing well (touch wood) and this week we are training the house sitter on how to take care of them.
I also have a pet cam on order as well as plenty of food so they dont run out.

Extremely nervous about leaving them but hopefully they will be in good hands.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Crossing fingers! Does your sitter have a computer? You could show her the setup so she can check in on them too.

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm

I dont think she is very computer savvy but she shouldn't need to use the camera as she should be there everyday.

Have the camera set up so it gives a wide shot of where their pen is and can zoom in but its not right next to the cage.