Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 am

Thank you so much for your answer!!!
Bacteria was found. So it is present-and it doesnt respond on antibiotics, not even under skin injections.. Virus is also present, they think(all vets think so-all i asked..)
I dont wish it upon anyone. Thats all i am gonna write.. I dont..bordetella- even name is like a snake..:(
He stood up and is asking for food.. I ll try doxy, too..as its only left to try.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 am

There's bacteria everywhere. The fact that they found it doesn't necessarily mean that's what's causing the pig's problem.

Doxy is NOT all that's left to try. Have you talked to them about gentamycin?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

Ditto on nebulizing with gentamycin. I have not read of any of our members nebulizing with marbofloxacin.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Uh..i would say it is..cause Ringo had the same..symptoms are the same, discharge is watery-from nose, eyes-it looks totally it, man. It costs a lot and its microbiological research and they put pig on sterilized place and take it from nostryls directly, cause i know bacterias are even in the hay....they told me all that-if the one is best professor on veterinary collegue with 30years of experiences, they dont talk shit, i belive. They only wait a little too much for me..
But I take serious your advices..gentamycin.. I taught to try Doxy(I ll get it tomorrow from another vet and call ours if its okay to take it together, lol, i am so messed up i know) cause its on anagram that should react.. as is marbofloxacin..

So, that i wont write to much.. gentamycin..no, not yet..but anyway.. does gentamycin reacts on bordetella-? Cause otherwise, where is the point?

First nebulizing treatment went very succesfully he was little scared. Actually I checked if it Works and got this awfull smel directly in my face:S:p...but .. we made through it.. I am glad i have this at home:) But it need to work also

Thanks both...its the hardest time since i have animals(16 years). For sure.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Yes, gentamycin is effective against bordatella, while some strains of bordatella are resistant to doxycycline.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Wow, thanks you re the best!!!:) That s some great news for us finally:) And doxy yeah, its not so great than..
Our vets give you what they choose not what you-i hate that, really. I do, so much. Than you said can we have that and they look at you like you fell from the moon.. And that is awful cause he s my Irie, hes not theirs..its me who cry not them,so..hm.. they re great, but hard for communication.
http://www.vetfolio.com/infectious-dise ... prevention

Hope we ll get some new medications tomorrow..:) Thanks for giving me hope, i appriciate that, i cant write how much..cause I ve been literally crying a lot during this..i just couldnt.. but not in front of him..cause I only want for Irie to feel positive energy.

Sorry, one more.. do you think i should even get doxycyline than..i dont wanna give him something that its maybe not helpful..

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am

Update:
We are still fighting which is good..i wont tell you how hard it is.. cause this wont do no good.
Irie is using marbofloxacin nebuliser for a week..i dont see that much diference to be honest.. And he took it 21 days oral also. Maybe virus present is too strong or baccteria is so resistant. I am very upset, but try to look for other options.

Is that normal that when he s coming out of comora you can immidatly see discharge..mum said he s *cleaning* or whatever and that is normal, is that true? Or is not working?

I have doxycyline at home. It was given to not by our main vet, but by someother vet who is for exotic pets also, but i dont know him that much. His comment on Iries situation was sadly nothing new at all.. he thinks that baccteria doesnt hit his nose but elsewhere in the body(oh well, guessing).
Doxycyline is not in liquid but in pills(Rosacea) Is that alright or is not?

I am probably going to call his vet tomorrow..he s kind of lazy..which is worring me..he eats enough..his belly hurts him, so maybe that is the reason, i dont know..

I can be worried as much as I want to, but its such a fact that without even taking blood is imposible to say how somebody is and how the ilness is and that with pigs its very distressing. For me at last. We Will completely isolate him from Ringo&Ziggy-tomorrow. HE ll go in to smaller cage he was in before..i completely spray it with Spitaderm and it Will stay so overnight than i Will wipe it all of(SPitaderm is even destroying HIV, so..bordetella goodye)..i hope he wont be bored but he Will be in his own -we ll try sterilised room. Cause this aint funny anymore.

If you can tell me nebulizer question and if Rosacea pills are alright i Will be grateful as always..

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 am

Oh and yeah...you cant even get Spitaderm freely..you can only get it in medical institutions...so..that is as far out as we can go..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:55 am

It would make sense that a nebulizer would irritate the eyes and might encourage the discharge of normal white cleaning fluid. I do not have any direct experience though.

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks, Lynx..he s more active today!!
And that gives me a hope of we can try other medicines if this one wont work out..

Btw..i ask some vet on third oppinion and can you belive it what she wrote:
that bordetella is present in gunnea pigs lungs already(our vet said is usually present in rabbits, and not in pigs!)
She also said kennel cough is caused in dogs by virus and can only infect other dogs..and than you look in wikipedia:
B. bronchiseptica causes several diseases in other mammals, including kennel cough and atrophic rhinitis in dogs and pigs, respectively
so baccteria causes a virus!!who give her vet licence.. i am shocked, honestly. And our vet said that is not good that Ringo and Irie sleep in the same room at all. And no Irie doesnt have kennel cough, but he s infected with bacteria..so..eh..can you belive it?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 am

No, bacteria doesn't cause a virus. They're two different organisms, respond to different kinds of treatments. Having one or the other may lower an animal's immune system so that they're susceptible to the other.

I also doubt that it's atrophic rhinitis. In people, at least, it causes a very strong odor, and frequently has a green discharge. It's also usually found in older people, as by definition it is the shrinking of the nasal mucosa and underlying bone. It's not apt to happen to a young person or animal.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:06 am

Still strugllin..damn it.

I spoke to his vet on moneday ...she said his sample is sensitive on doxy-so its on anagram that bacteria must react..so I can try it and lets hope this one clears it. So.. I have tablets as I wrote she said its alright for gunnea pigs its called Ronaxan. (dossage is 5mg twice daily.). She was concerned cause Irie is so sensitive on antibiotic..but he s a bit worse again..lazy, eats a little less..so there aint much choice.

Problem with Irie is diharrea on antibiotics..or that he cant poop. HE havent been on doxycycline yet. I Will give him benebac and critical care(cause this kind of speed of his belly or how can i wrote)
Do you think its ok if he takes 10mg once a day?

He poops easier if he took antibiotics in one dossage.. it would be same daily dossage just you know at once not at evening and morning..

As for gentamicin nebulizer we Will try it if needed for sure...thanks for that advice too.. Best regards, T&I