1 senior Male Guinea pig for adoption

Sperry

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:35 am

Hello! My name is Shannon and I have a very loving, cuddly senior Male Guinea pig for adoption. We have a 16 month old daughter and baby #2 is due in the Spring. We just don't have the time anymore to give him the love and attention he deserves.

His name is Poofs and he is 5 years old as of October 2018. He is an all black American Crested (we think) except for a brown "smudge" on his back left side. He has no health issues and is a very happy pig. He loves to squeak for food and comes right up to the front of his cage for treats. He is a bit skiddish in his cage, but loves to be held and is very cuddly. He lived with his brother until his passing last January. His brother was the boss but Poofs didn't mind. We also introduced a third "brother" who was only with us for a few months but he and Poofs were best buds. Poofs would do great with another pig friend or on his own.

He comes with his 2x2 c&c cage ( I might get new coroplast, but not necessary ), water bottle, food bowls, pigloo, wood tunnel, collapsible tunnel, leash, nail clippers, floor time fences, box of Timothy hay.

Sperry

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:50 am

This was my first time posting anything and I couldn't figure out how to post a picture....I have several on my phone. Oh, that is quite a distance. We will travel a little bit (he also will come with his little travel carrier, forgot to post that). Need to confirm with my husband how far. But a piggy train sounds great if we can work that out somehow.

I'll keep trying to figure out how to post a picture.

WICharlie

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:39 pm

He's adorable. Make sure you tell any potential adopters that the 2X2 C&C cage is just a temporary one. It's too small for a male pig to live in permanently. But a new adopter can expand it to a 2X4 if they get more grids and coroplast.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 pm

He is really cute. I wish we lived closer. Mr. Sef and I have a weakness for the seniors, but I promised myself that I wouldn't adopt again for a while. I might make an exception if transport can be worked out.

Regardless, I hope you can find a good forever home for the little guy. He deserves to spend his retirement years being spoiled rotten. :)

Sperry

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:52 pm

Thank you, yes he is. It wasn't an easy decision deciding to re-home him. If we knew he was going to a good home where he would be well taken care of and loved, we would go to great lengths to get him there.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:29 pm

He is awfully cute. I wish you luck finding a good home.