Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Oh..and i think dossage is 0, 3 ml if i remember correctly..i have written somewhere..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Sometimes heart issues can complicate things. I encourage you to read this over in case anything ever seems to apply:
www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 am

Thanks..I checked it.. I dont think this is the case with him to be honest..i think this bacteria is messing with him, badly. And we re trying to destroy it on all and every level.. A lot of diagnostics was done including full body x-ray-only lungs x-ray was not yet(it Will be if needed)+ they wont take his blood..its too risky for me,..and vet didnt even mention it..even if he would, i probably wouldnt agree..

I have some practical questions..
I decided to put him off the hay.. I can say 100x times, i am almost certain is not the hay that it bothers him..but its worth a try.
I ve read it can slow down recovery and rjespicer wrote something like that long time ago.
HE had 3 sessions with gentamicyn. It was very good first two times..but today he was sneezing Quite a lot at night and i was crying again, eh..but aint no crying wont do much help.
He has 11x more sessions in nebulizer to go. SO there is still time and hope for our improvement. I want to really do everything, cause its destroying me ..I took another 10 days off collegue to be at home clean and do all the stuff..but than i ll had to go back(i am only away few hours per day than i return home every day, of course)

My question is..if i put him on wood..he ll be cold right..if i put him on blankets he ll eat it..cause irie is just Irie:)
what about if i put him for this 11 days on wooden pellets, how bad it is for legs? Answer, please
https://www.mrpet.si/4pet-lesni-peleti- ... 10020.aspx

And to not be cold i wanted to add some not hay, but straw(https://www.mrpet.si/limara-oblanci-10-l-p-16496.aspx).. you know in rougher form and to not bother his lungs or whatever.. I am already shaking the hay outside(the neighbours thinks i am nuts..oh well..), but we ll put it away. We ll buy some grass as well..cause my neigbours all have cats and i dont wanna take it from outside. Years ago on ecat got infected and 8 end up death..so..

another one is hemp blanket.but he has sensitive belly i dont want his belly to give in because he eats hemp, anybody has experience?.. damn we ll eat hempand smoke hemp i amjust tired of it all..but no i am not tired and motivated.. https://www.mrpet.si/nobby-preja-iz-kon ... 19896.aspx

Its okay if he ate all this..i dont want to add another problem .. can you please please answer thoose bedding questions, please..i saw you have pigs on blankets a lot, but i dont think we can pull this through...

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:04 am

HEre you can see my little glorious swine.. its not too good photo..but you can see him hanging around with Ringo&Ziggy..
http://www.spiridom.si/album/displayima ... fullsize=1

And the vet said..thats really not good that they re together..i was just like..f...shit..you know..really. I was speechless, cause they like each other

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 am

Absolutely do not use straw. The stiffness can cause eye injuries and other problems. I do not understand why you are withholding hay. If you are worried about dustiness, soak in water, give it to him and remove in an hour or two several times a day. Check the hay itself for mold by smelling it and shaking outside (you would see dust). If you find indications there could be mold, use a better hay.

You have fleece bedding available, no? It is generally not chewed on. Chewing on bedding can be a sign of pain.
www.guinealynx.info/pain.html

As for being cold, he is inside in a warm environment while he is sick, no?

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Okay, thank you very much. I asked that we wouldnt do something stupid:) and we almost did..
Because of dust, yeah..and even if you shake it there is still a lot of dust in it, i Will soak it in water. I wouldnt do it permanently-cause he loves the hay, just in process of recovery.
We ll try the blankets than..but i wont leave him alone.. HE doesnt look in pain..i dont know why he is chewing the blankets, maybe he did the first time when he was on antibiotic and belly hurt him-we didnt knowfor bene bac than..
He s inside, sure..room temperature is 22 C. Wood is colder material thats why i tought..my dad have wooden plates..
Our vets have this thing with hay removal, ...but with my other pig this was just not the case at all, they know i dont like to listen to this stuff. ITs sort of..i dont know..with Irie it could be..a little i dont know..i hope he ll recover soon..cause its too much. I ll remove hay and see if there is a difference. He doesnt sneeze now..and i hope this nebulizer finally sent this baccteria in …

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Just a quick warning that dust in hay can be missed as a sign of mold spores. So sniff thoroughly. Dust can also be a byproduct of bugs chewing on the hay and brittle hay breaking down. If you have any farmers or anyone knowledgeable about dry hays you can talk to, you could perhaps get a better opinion of the quality of the hay you are using.

Good luck!

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 am

Thanks!!!

Hope its okay if i write an update cause i am upset and frustrated.

Irie was in nebuliser with Gentamcyn for 6th times, without real improvment. Its not worse, but not all that better. He still has discharge..and he sneezes..its not so severe at the moment. And I hope it wont affect his kidneys cause its only nebulized.. He is suppose to have 14 sessions.

I ll remove hay tomorrow morning, cause wooden plates are in work. My dad Will made them. Wooden plates and blankets. So if he ll try to chew on it and at night we ll remove them. I am so sorry..cause he loves the hay. But we have to try to stop bacterial growth or any enviroment that its supporting bacterias .. and cause he ll be on medicines for 8days stil...we have to do this now..All or nothing,. We ll see what we ll get.
I wont stop i know we aint got that much chances cause this shit is so agressive..but we ll try..you ll have to stomp on my head if you want to stop me!

Anybody knows can pig eat hemp or absoultely now? I read some are giving 0,2 ml CBD oil(is that one we put on salad)and are extremly happy with results..?

I also read on forum wheat grass is good..so we ll grow it. We ll name it Irie El chapito Special(cause Irie s mafia name is El Chapito, Gallis was El Gordo, Lee was El Chapo)

I hate that i had all animals together and all that..but its too late now.. In the end of the day Iries age now is 3years 3months.. hope we can make some more still..really. Would be so humbled and greateful.

By the way his full name is Irie Lee Walter Van Zant(as lead Singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd-so he has some USA genes as well:)), cause of his hair. HE s rasta rocknroll pig with one hell of character.. And LEe was my previous pig he was such a fighter, with all tooth problems he made it to 6!!:):)..So I put all positive vibes on Irie-even in the name and i couldnt get better pig..really..
Best regards from us:)

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:16 am

And we re signing..
no you re not doing to bad no not bad at all you are just trying to walk before you can crawl..

Hope we ll learn to walk, crawl, live, fight and everything..and god Will be on our side..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

Bpatters..professional advice please please please
Irie is responding slowly on gentamicyn.. he had inhalations for 14 days..
I called the vet but couldnt get him on the phone whole day..oh well..however.. i got someone else..and she was very kind and said..Irie should take some more..and than probably.. Will take this more times if he s responding..
Now.. I ve read here http://ratguide.com/meds/antimicrobial_ ... ulfate.php
that if its nebulized does not cause kidney or oto toxicity..
Do you know something about it?

Whole thing is a bit too much for me... and anyway..i dont wanna cause him any damage..
I was about to ask vet what to do.. so..i see you are very experienced in nebulisation i would be very grateful for your oppinion, you know..
Our dossage is 0,3ml per day(nebulised)with destilated water or whatever its called. He aint taking nothing else, He s active and eats a lot. HE started gaining weight again.He was stable before.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 am

I'd give him more. He's responding to it, he's had a long-term infection that may take extra treatments to resolve, why not give it to him?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:38 am

I agree. We got a pig that was very sick with pneumonia to recover and I think the main thing that helped was the nebulizer treatments.

Here is a summary of Lucy's treatment:

https://www.guinealynx.info/records/viewtopic.php?t=214

You may also want to look over this thread about nebulizer experiences:

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =nebulizer