Anyplace to adopt near St. Louis, MO?

ErikaRN

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Does anyone know where to get a healthy pig near St. Louis?

LorVoll

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Check out this link to another thread. Maybe you two could work something out.
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36954

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm from St. Louis. I know that there is St. Louis Animal Harbor, and they regularly list guinea pigs on petfinder.com. The woman who runs the rescue, Suzie, was a member of Guinea Lynx, but I haven't seen her on here in a while. They don't have any listed right now, but keep checking on petfinder. The Humane Society in Maryland Heights and the one near downtown often have pigs too, which are also listed on petfinder.com.

I adopted my two girls from the Humane Society in Maryland Heights. Libbylou, who is a member here, volunteers there.

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:51 pm

I adopted my Mickey from the Columbia Mo. shelter. I am from central Illinois and they were wonderful about the out of state adoption.
http://www.cmhspets.org/

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Isn't there a rescue close to Amy in St Louis?

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm not sure the rescue is still in operation. Most of her pigs, however, were overflow from the Humane Society. The Humane Society pigs are advertised on Pet Harbor's site. I know there are 3 or more guinea pigs at the Humane Society right now. If Erika wants to email me, I can send her the proper information. I get a daily update from them as to what they have up for adoption.

KCpigi

Post   » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm

I am in Kansas City Mo. Do you have a distance you would travel? See previous post March 6th 2019

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am

KCpigi, I responded to your post in the Placement board. This thread is very old and will not likely get much response.

GUINEAP1225

Post   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Humane society of Missouri! They have a few girls right now I believe and maybe a few boys too not sure.