Guys please help me

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm

UPDATE- I cut out all of the gassy veggies and she is still doing it. Could this be symptomatic of a health problem? I love my Rome and I want her to be okay. There is no noticeable bloat on her and she is otherwise acting just fine, but I am still hearing digestion sounds from her.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:18 pm

You might want to take your piggie to an exotic vet and get a wellness check done. It's never a bad idea. Mine go in monthly for nail trimming and a general well exam to make sure they are healthy. Luckily, Mountain View Holistic Vet Center has a really good exotic animal vet and a very good rate for this type of exam. I pay $35 for the exam and $15 for the nail trim per guinea pig.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Alright thanks for the advice. If I hear it from her much longer I will definetly take her to the exotic ver near me. I haven’t heard it from her in a while, since about Sunday evening, but I’ve also been working all day. Maybe what she had passed through?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Just to rule out the obvious, but are you sure the sounds are coming from her stomach? Guinea pigs do make a number of unique vocalizations, including one that is described as "motor-boating" or "rumblestrutting" which I suppose could sound like stomach sounds. Probably not the case here, but I thought I'd mention it. I've just never really heard loud bowel sounds from any of our guys, and especially not from a distance.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 am

Yeah, it’s coming from her stomach. It’s like she’s hungry, but she eats all the time. Like, constantly. I know what runblestrutting is because Targarian (my boy) does that all the time when s’mores comes close to his side of the cage. It sounds just like human stomach noises. Like, that sound your gut makes when you’re hungry. That’s what I’m hearing from her.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:05 am

I would probably have it checked out, as it doesn't sound normal. Have you seen any sign of soft or mucousy feces?

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:51 pm

No, none of, well anything is different. No weird poos, no weird discharge or crustiness anywhere. I held her this morning and she seemed to be alright. Could it have something to do with cecotrophs? When her stomach was making those odd noises, i didn’t see her eating he cecotrophs as normal, but I noticed that she did today, and the noises also stopped. Coincidence?