Hip fusion!? Help!

GUINEAP1225

Post   » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:02 pm

***please don’t lock this post because yes it is about the same group if guinea pigs as one of my later posts but it is a different pig and this is kind of different***

So I read somewhere that at 10 months old a piggies hips fuse so they can not give birth. We think that one of our class pigs is pregnant but she is well over 10 months.

Backstory- My teacher got 2 female guinea pigs from her friend who is a very irresponsible breeder. (He breeds siblings, they are in small cages, not sure if the get hay or veggies, most of them are alone, they have no toys or entertainment, and they are in his garage so they barely get any handling) One of them, Taco, was pregnant so all of her babies found good homes (well one home we are still working on but that is another story for another day) But, Belle the other pig, seems pregnant. We have had them for less than the maximum gestation period. She has been getting fatter and fatter and her friend hasn’t been getting skinnier so she isn’t stealing all of the food. Is there anything we can do? We are really worried!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Please read all the topics in the reproduction area. Lots of info there. Hips don't fuse.
www.guinealynx.info/reproduction.html

GUINEAP1225

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Lynx, sorry I must’ve misunderstood something, not sure. I just read that it was dangerous for them to reproduce. But she had her babies today/last night! They are perfectly healthy just a little small!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Read:
https://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

This talks about pregnancy and delivery complications.