Male peeing more than TWO females

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:22 pm

So, when I change the fleeces in their cages, I notice that my (one) male, pees more than my (two) females! The under layer is more soaked than my two girls soak theirs.

Could this be a problem for him or is it normal? He is otherwise acting just fine and drinking Absolutley normal.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:26 am

I thought the same thing about how much one of my little guys was peeing when I went to change the cage and discovered that a leaky water bottle was the culprit. Just something to look into.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:41 am

Oh alright thanks. I changed the bottle. I’ll update if anything changes

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Update- I changed the water bottle a couple days ago and changed the fleece today. Nothing changed, the underlayer is still more soaked. Ideas?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:39 am

What is his age? What does he weigh? Do you notice him drinking more water than the females?

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm

He is two years old, and Peruvian. I don’t know how much he weighs i haven’t weighed him in a while, I’ll post his weight once i get home from university. It *appears* that he drinks more, but that’s because he has one bottle and the girls have two. I can’t tell if it’s more or less water than the girls because, like I said I can’t accuratley gauge it.

I feared diabetes earlier so I cut anything sugary out of his diet but I can’t figure out if anything has changed yet.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Diabetes was the other thing that came to mind. Early stages of kidney disease also often presents with increased fluid intake. Otherwise, I'd say if he isn't showing any signs of urinary tract/bladder issues like blood or grit in the urine, unusual odor associated with the urine, crying or hunching when eliminating, etc., then it could just be that he drinks more and therefore urinates more.

GUINEAP1225

Post   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:04 pm

It could be a marking thing. Is he near the females or are any of them spayed/neutered? He might be trying to mark his territory from other males so they stay away from “his ladies” As long as there isn’t any blood or something abnormal I would guess he is fine. But then again I’m not a professional

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:25 pm

There is no blood and he definetly has no pain in peeing, he pees on me with no problem!

None of my girls are spayed and he isn’t neutered so that makes sense, but I have no males anymore besides him. The last one I had his name was little man and he passed away in October :(