Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:57 am

And a happy colony at that!

Glad to hear your other guinea pigs are perking up too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:47 am

I'm amazed at how outgoing Mr Bubbles has become. I thought it might have been a fluke or that I just caught him on a good day, but he is continuing with his lovey dovey new attitude. He used to lunge at anyone who reached out to him during lap time. I used to believe that he just didn't like anyone coming near me, but I doubt guinea pigs are defensive of their humans. He never did like anyone reaching towards his face, but he doesn't seem to mind as much now. If I knew that getting more piggies would fix it, I would have gotten more a long time ago. It could also be that he's maturing and calming down. He's nearly 2 and a half years old now so it's quite possible.

Scruffy is doing very well too. He just can't get enough attention. His appetite is as good as it was before he got sick. He really craves hay and grass. I haven't taken him outside for the last 2 evenings. We had errands that kept us out during prime grazing time. I think he's a little disappointed. He's letting me know about it. He started squeaking late last night almost like he was crying. I thought something might be wrong with him, so I checked on him and he wouldn't let me close the door to his cage without taking him out. I was holding him and he wouldn't stay still so I went outside into the darkness and picked him a handful of grass. After he sat on my lap and ate it, he settled down for the night. I'll have to make sure to get him out this evening.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 am

Ha! Already spoiled! (Which is, of course, precisely what you want in a guinea pig). ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Well said :-)

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 pm

I do my best to spoil all of my piggies.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:50 am

Got the new digs set up. They really like it. I went ahead and put the divider in for now because the ramp provides a good way for them to get some exercise. So far they seem to be happy running over it. Sammy likes the fleece bedding. Dean hasn't tried it yet but I think he'll like it too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 am

Darn it! ⬆️⬆️ should be on Sam and Dean's thread!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed May 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Been a while since I posted on Scruffy and Mr Bubbles. Both are doing well and living the good life.

Scruffy sits on top of his house and watches everything.

Mr Bubbles looks like a wood chipper chewing up a branch when he eats long stems of grass!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 2:22 am

Such adorable piggies!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 am

Huge ditto! I love those soft little noses and bright eyes!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Where's Scruffy? The grass is almost as tall as him. Give him time though. He's happy to eat his way out of the long grass!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Mr Bubbles already cleared his spot of the long grass! He puts the "P. I. G." In guinea pig! I love just love having him!