Vocal-ness

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Any of your guys boars been really vocal? My targarian is incredibly vocal. He’s constantly purring or squeaking about something and my girls don’t. No concern here just wanted to see if it’s normal.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I don't it has anything to do with gender. It's down to the individual pig. I've had incredibly vocal sows, and some that were nearly totally silent.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Ditto. I've had LOUD boars and boars that I almost never hear. They're all individuals, same as people.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm

I have 4 boars. Two of them, Sammy and Scruffy are my vocal ones. They let out those loud wheeks at every noise. Dean and Mr. Bubbles squeak, but only when they have something worth squeaking over.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am

The first boar I ever cared for was Cramer's boy named Sue--he was super quiet other than the occasional tussle with his cagemate. Now years later I have my boar Casanova and he is a chatterbox, literally. It's not an aggression or territorial thing with him--he literally just rumbles and chatters at *everything*. Plus plenty of wheeking at breakfast/dinner. Some pigs are just way more talkative!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Two of my boars are loud.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 am

Binky is the quietest wheeker I ever heard, about half the volume of other pigs I had over a time period of 50 years.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Fri May 10, 2019 12:11 pm

It’s funny. Once targarian starts squeaking it sends the girls into a session of running around and squeaking for food. “Zooming” as you may put It.