More piggies

BZoo

Post   » Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 pm

A few weeks ago, husband spotted a really nice cage on Craigslist. He called me in to see it and while we were looking thru the pics, oh, it comes w/two piggies. (He always says we have too many animals). I didn't say much, then he asks if I'm gonna call. :)

Long story short, we got the cage, it's just a few inches short of 4 X 2, and two unwanted piggies, both females like Joise and Jamie. High school girl lost interest. (I suspect her parents got rid of them w/out her knowing.) One is agouti and dark orange crested American, Jaidyn (formally Coco) and the other is Jemma (formally Peaches), white and orange American. Jaidyn is pretty friendly, Jemma is very skittish.

Intros went well and pair bonds seem to have shifted. Joise and Jaidyn hang out more together.
Of course, we knew they needed more space for four, so we added a shelf that is 3 x 2.

Cost of cage and piggies, $25.
Cost of custom made shelf, $65.
Cost of having four piggies, priceless.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 pm

I'm glad they are in your hands!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 pm

You can never have too many piggies. I'd have a dozen of them if I had the space for them. Good work adopting these girls. I'd love to see how you did that shelf. I've been trying to figure out a way to do that for my 4 boys.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Fri May 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Thank you for giving these girls a caring home. They probably wouldn’t have gotten it if you didn’t step in and get them. Kudos to you! If I had the space I’d probably have 478 guinea pigs.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm

We are about to have 4 piggies in one cage in the next few weeks once our newest is done with quarantine. Piggies are like pringles. Can't have just one :P

Hedra2

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 am

Congrats on your new piggies. They are totally like pringles! Very addictive! Before I had kids I had 8 guinea pigs in one massive 2 level cage and I still wanted more. These days we have our hand full with three pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

Pringles!

A name for your next guinea pig!!