Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:57 pm

I'm happy he's with you. Happy 3 year adoption day (close) little boy.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Belated best wishes on the anniversary.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Thank you and Sef1268, I'm not ignoring your email :)

Pepino is five years old today!

Also, it was fourteen years ago last month that I adopted "baby" Pandora and 16 years ago this month that I adopted Lightning, my avatar pig.

Lightning was such a little darling he didn't remain alone for long. However if Thunder (Pippin) had been a first pig he'da been an only pig and my next pet would have been a rabbit.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Happy Birthday, Pepino! :) Time sure flies.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat May 11, 2019 2:45 am

Thank you, Sef.

My boys are such funny little creatures. The other day we had major work done on the house. The contractor assured my landlady the pigs would be safe but the noise might bother them. About an hour or so I peeped downstairs and Pepino was actually eating as though nothing were going on. Poor Pellegrino was TERRIFIED--would not come out of the pigloo for quite a while, even for treats. He and Pepsi were probably the most hyper pigs I've had.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm

That's too funny about Pepino. But poor Pellegrino... Hugs and kisses to all.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you, GrannyJu1.

It was the same today. Pepino went to the vet and Pellegrino went along for the ride. The latter IMMEDIATELY retreated to the pigloo as soon as we got home and wouldn't come out for a while.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:34 pm

Today would have been both Pandora and Pepsi's birthdays.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 pm

It was five years ago on the 11th that I found Pepsi dead in her cage. Four days later I brought Pepino home. Since my last posting we have had more work done on the basement. Both boys handled it remarkably well, even Pellegrino, who is such a scaredy pig.

They are such brave boys. I heard of a pig or pigs supposedly dying of fright after hearing firecrackers go off. Then, the other day I cut Pellegrino’s butt fur. I took off my skirt as I didn’t want him urinating on it. We both ended up screaming. I actually screamed louder due to the huge scratch marks on my bare legs.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 pm

A classroom guinea pig peed on my dress when I was in the 4th grade. I ended up giving one of them a home at the end of the school year. That's what my wet skirt led me to!! Sorry about your legs - ouch.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 pm

It looked worse than it was, Bookfan.

It was seven years ago today I brought Pepsi home.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Eleven years ago this month Pippin died on my birthday and a few days later I found Perpetua and her babies at the Montgomery County animal shelter. In August 2011 we had an earthquake that shook a good bit of the east coast. I felt sorry for Perpetua as she had lost her mate, Pandora, a few days before. Perpetua's cage was on the floor near the window and a console with a lot of glass and china knicknacks, I'm sure the vibrations must have been incredible but it didn't seem to phase her much. As Tammy from Cavymadness says, piggies can be so week and so strong.