Crazy Guinea Pig Lady

Hedra2

Post   » Mon May 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Everyone already thinks I’m the crazy guinea pig lady for taking my guinea pig to the vets 1.5 hr a way for dental surgery and abscessed feet, and treating my guinea pigs like family, but after this week-end I really cemented that reputation for myself.

Due to teeth issues and Bumblefoot I cannot leave one of my guinea pigs (Halloween) with a pet sitter because syringe feeding 4x a day coupled with antibiotics, foot soaks and foot bandaging, is just too much for a sitter to deal with. So I made him a travel cage out if a Rubbermaid bin and he travels with us while his buddies stay with the sitter.

Last weekend we headed to Prince George for a Gymnastics Meet and he got to come with us. No one really knew though cuz he was back at the hotel and the meet was over before check- out. The hotel was amused though as they’d never had a guinea pig guest before.

This weekend though we were in Prince Rupert and we had to check out of the hotel before the swim meet was over and we didn’t want to leave him in a hot vehicle all day so he got to come to the meet with us (checked beforehand with the pool to make sure this was ok), everyone loved him but laughed that we had brought him, we took him to the park with us for our picnic lunch and let him enjoy the grass (he can’t eat it but he loved laying in it) and again he got lots of love but people laughed that we brought a gp to the park. Then we wanted to go on a short hike so we put him in a carrier (made from a small blanket- lined plastic basket in a small mesh tote bag) and carried him with us on the hike. People thought this was the strangest thing they’d ever seen. We even took him to dinner with us as he was allowed on the patio in his carrier. We ran into one of his vets there and she thought it was hilarious.

All weekend I was the crazy guinea pig owner and people I didn’t even know were asking about him. I’m sure next meet (which is in our town so he won’t have to travel) people will be asking me where he is LOL

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 pm

I love it!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 pm

You are the Best kind of Crazy Guinea Pig Lady!