Pees A LOT

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah, that's the thing. Most of the time when we adopt these little guys, we know little to nothing about their past lives.

Fingers crossed that she continues to do well on Metacam and is able to gain a little weight -- or at least not lose.

marlenes mom

Post   » Sat May 25, 2019 8:50 am

So Amy is at it again, constantly. She chases Cappi and Cappi squeals. She stands outside of Cappi’s house and stares and then chases her out. Cappi squeals when she comes near now. :-( it’s been going on for the past week. I kept thinking it would get better but it hasn’t. Any advice? I’m worried this is effecting her eating and just stressing her out more.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat May 25, 2019 9:27 am

If it were me, I would probably go ahead and use a divider in the cage and separate for now, and worry about re-introductions once she has her health stuff figured out. Not a great solution, but neither is being bullied when she doesn't feel well. I'd be especially concerned if Amy isn't letting her eat.

Maybe others will have some suggestions.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 am

Has she been checked for ovarian cysts?

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat May 25, 2019 11:40 am

I would split them up because the stress of being bullied will cause more problems for Cappi. A vet once told us that pain and stress can cause digestion issues that resemble irritable bowel disease. Cappi needs a safe place IMO.

marlenes mom

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 10:29 am

I've watched them all weekend and kept them together - for now. It seems like it happens mainly when the girls are hungry in the morning and Amy get's antsy about the food coming. However, they sit and eat nicely together. It will happen a few more time throughout the day, unsure why. Amy will stare at her and then chase her, but then it's over.

I've been giving Cappi critical care mush in a bowl with pumpkin puree and she's been eating it nicely. Amy eats a bit of it too - I hope she doesn't get fat!!

As for the cysts, no she hasn't been checked. This behavior just cropped up in the past few days and with Cappi's addition, she never acted this way with Fran a few weeks ago.

marlenes mom

Post   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 am

Ugh, I spoke too soon. Amy is humping Cappi constantly. So strange. They were fine the first week or so, then some chasing around. Then it was pretty good for a few days, a little episode here or there. Now, Amy rumblestruts by Cappi all the time then humps her. I keep hoping they'll work it out (Fran did this a little bit with Amy when they were first introduced) but I'm getting unhopeful.

Good news is that Cappi is now 1lb 12 oz!

marlenes mom

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:45 pm

It’s me again.

So Cappi has been doing well for the past few weeks, though Amy continued to nip at her. She also continued her excessive drinking/peeing. But it seemed okay as Cappi was still eating and very active.

However, Cappi suddenly stopped eating and drinking yesterday morning and evening. I gave her critical care as soon as I noticed, late morning and throughout the day. I took her to the vet this AM and they checked her teeth, still fine. Felt her jaw, no pain (we’ve continued the meloxicam for the suspected jaw pain which has also helped her drooling). However, she’s lost more weight and had a fever if almost 106. Ugh.

Her bloodwork a few weeks back was indicative of an infection of some sort, but no kidney failure or diabetes. So we are kind of at a loss. Dr prescribed a stronger antibiotic and also a dewormer (though she really doesn’t suspect worms). She got her first doses this morning. She’s had a teeny bit of hay and a little bit of pepper and carrot on her own, and she’s drinking. But that’s about it.

Amy and Cappi are separated now with a divider.

I’m so frustrated.

marlenes mom

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Forgot to say she prescribed Cipro, I’m giving bene-bac to try and keep her tummy happy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 pm

I am so sorry she is having all these problems! 106 sounds pretty high (though they do have a higher temperature range than we do - 99.0 - 103.1 F).

I hope you and your vet can sort this out.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this :(

marlenes mom

Post   » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:38 am

Thank you guys. I’m just not sure what’s going on with this little pig. :-(