Bumpy brownish skin patch

Elaavor

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi.

I was chilling with my lil boy (5 years old) when I suddenly noticed a bump on his skin. I pushed the hair aside and found a skin problem underneath his hair. It was a brownish patch, bumpy and bold, with hair sticking out of it and the area surrounding it was dry white skin. Here are some pictures: (I searched his whole body and didn’t find any other patch)

(originals)
https://i.imgur.com/HHkrzgQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I1hISBr.jpg

I’m very worried cause I can’t take him to the vet atm. Vets are very expensive here and I’m a student who has to wait 7 days for the beginning of a new month (in our calendar) to get my hand on enough cash to take this little guy to the vet. So... any insight is very appreciated.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Does the brownish part on the left seem like a scab? If you flip the hair with the brownish base to the right, does the skin look whitish at the base also? Does there seem to be any inflammation? Is it mainly scabby, the part that is bumpy? Does there seem to be an underlying bump?

I would clean the area, perhaps put some cold pressed coconut oil on the central section and see if the brownish part softens. If it is a scab, having it heal naturally and fall off on its own is best. If there is no sign of infection and no underlying lump, I would probably just monitor it. Seeing a vet might put you at ease though.

Let me know if I can add your pics permanently to your topic for future readers.

Elaavor

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks for your help. Yes it kinda looks like a scab. The base area seems to just be his skin, normal color with no inflammatory signs. The bumpy part is the scabby part and no sign of a lump seems to be visible. Does this mean that he had been wounded and is now healing?! Could it be a wound from needle? Cause he took some shots around 3 weeks ago.

Yes you can add the pictures :)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Looks like a healing wound to me, too. What shots where given?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:54 pm

I added your pics (thanks!). That top pic is super crisp and was very helpful to us in trying to give you advice.