Is this Bumblefoot?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Fingers crossed here, too!

Hedra2

Post   » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

He's doing so well we moved him back with his friend. They seem pleased to be together again and I am happy to be back down to two cages to clean instead of three. I finally bought a scale since it will be harder to monitor him with another pig in the cage. He's up 5oz since his surgery

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Excellent. :)

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 am

Good for you and for Halloween! This has been a long journey for both of you!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 am

That is good news! I hope he continues to do okay.

Hedra2

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Just wanted to update this thread and thank everyone so much for their help through Halloween’s issues and my bazillions of questions. I’m sure there will be more but for now he seems to be doing really great. He’s up to 2lbs 1oz and although still feels a bit bony he looks like a normal pig again (at his sickest he was a pound and a half and looked like a furry skeleton)

He’s happily living with his friend Smores and was even able to go back to regular bedding cuz his feet healed up and haven’t had any issues since.

He’s eating hay and pellets which have helped with his clogged bum issues and is still a bit slow to eat veggies but he can eat anything, he can even eat carrots again.

So huge thanks for listening to me and offering advice :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Glad he continues to do well!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Yay! Thanks very much for the update!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:13 am

So glad he’s doing well! That’s such good news!

Hedra2

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:04 pm

So I came home from work today and checked on the guinea pigs and our old man Halloween was sitting with his face in the corner. I picked him up and he has something wrong with his eye. He’s always had a fatty lump in it but the vet was not concerned. Now It is red and swollen around the outside, with a cloudy spot in the middle. Vets here are closed for the day, but I will call in the morning and see if they will see us. In the meantime what do you guys think?

Not sure if this is right to attach a picture
https://flic.kr/p/2ktRoaY

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:44 pm

Might be a hay poke. But do get him to a vet as soon as you can. Eye injuries are very painful. And even if this isn't an injury, it still needs treatment.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Here is a crop of your pic. Is the eye itself swollen?