Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Yeah, he is an amazing little piggie. You can get an idea of how big he is by comparing him to the stuffy, which is slightly smaller than a Chihuahua. Believe it or not, he's lost weight. He is just under 3 lbs now, but he maxed out at 3.37 lbs. A larger cage, more floor time and curbing his diet a little bit has him more active and down to a much healthier weight.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 am

Scruffy here. My human has been giving me green leaf lettuce. Yuck! My brother, Mr Bubbles likes it, but I don't. I like Romaine ok, but I just can't have too much of it. The human tells me that the selection of red leaf at the store has been pretty sad lately. Today they finally, they got some better red leaf in, so that's good. Maybe I should stop being so picky. At least I get bell peppers and an occasional carrot or cucumber. I eat lots of hay and I've been munching pellets. Plus I've been able to go outside and eat fresh grass every day too. Life is good!

We just have to get through our nail trim. I don't have a problem like my brother does. I'm looking on the bright side. We don't have to see the vet and have that probe stuck where the sun doesn't shine. I don't sit still on the scale either. I can't help it if I'm a bit high strung. Maybe I'll make it easy on the technician this time and be still so they can weigh me.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am

Mr Bubbles here. I don't like it when Scruffy gets his veggies before me so I decided to jump out of my cage today when my human brought our morning veggies and opened my cage door. It's less than a 3 foot drop onto the carpet. I didn't get hurt, but I won't be doing that again any time soon. I nearly gave my human a heart attack. I bet I get my veggies first from now on. Scruffy and I compete for everything. Our human gives all four of us the same of everything; time, attention, food and everything else we need or want, but I don't like to share. He's my human!

Don't worry about me. As I said, I didn't get hurt. My human spent a lot of extra time with me all day to make sure of it. He checked my legs, feet, abdomen and the rest of me to make sure. I don't have any tenderness and I don't have any problem running around or eating. I've never been one to jump out before, but my human says he's going to watch more carefully when he opens my door from now on.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:48 pm

We had our nails trimmed today and we're both very happy to be done with it. Nobody got quicked this time. I think the vet tech is getting used to the dark nails and long quicks. Our weights were very good. Mr Bubbles is down to 2.78 lbs. He was getting fat and having trouble reaching his under side to keep it clean, but not anymore. He's been more active too and that helps. He can almost keep up with me now.

As for me, my weight finally got over 2 lbs for the first time since I was sick. I'm up to 2.12 lbs! I thought our human was going to do backflips when he found out. The vet was not in today, so we didn't have to get examined. I decided to sit still to get weighed today, but no promises for next time. I'll think about it. I didn't struggle when they clipped my nails either and it didn't hurt. Maybe getting this done isn't so bad. Mr Bubbles didn't bite anyone either so that's good. We both can't wait to get our fresh grass this evening when it cools off. It was cut yesterday and watered very well last night so it should be delicious!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Life is exciting at Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy's house!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:01 am

The human we were left with has been feeding us on schedule and even tried to pet and love on us. We like it, but Sammy and Dean, not so much. She's our human's daughter, but they don't know her like we do so they run and hide. He'll be back in two more days and we all can't wait to see him. He had better take us outside for grass, or else! We know he will. We also know he misses us because he calls every day around feeding time to make sure we don't get forgotten.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:43 pm

I'm sure he misses you, too!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:07 am

Our human got home very early this morning after driving all night. The first thing he did was check on us and give us hay. Boy were we glad to see him Scruffy nearly jumped out of the cage into his arms. I was so excited that I popcorned until he finally picked me up. Sammy and Dean wouldn't stop squeaking and hopping around. We could tell that he missed us because he was extremely tired and still checked on us before laying down.

After what seemed like an eternity, he got up and fed us our veggies. We got fresh water, clean cages and all the outside grass eating time we wanted. We missed having our grass and ate our fill. He says that we get to go outside again tomorrow. We're so glad he's home now.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:46 am

5 minutes in his freshly cleaned cage and Mr Bubbles does this to his bowl of pellets. He popcorned like he was proud of himself. What a clown! I love it! He has really blossomed since I got the other pigs and put him in the much bigger habitat. He's always been somewhat inactive and just laying around, but that's all changed now. It is very nice to see from him. He's more like Scruffy now

Speaking of Scruffy, that little monster did it again. I hook the latches on Sam and Dean's cage door to his while I clean their cage and he loves to grab it and unhook it to get my full attention. It's virtually impossible to ignore him. He even figured out that the treat I give him is a distraction and he doesn't fall for it anymore. I also usually keep an eye on it so I don't get hit in the head when the door falls, but this time he totally caught me off guard. Luckily the door is light and doesn't hurt when it hits me. It's so funny that I can't even get mad at him. Not that I could anyway 😃 I love my little guy way too much for that!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:20 pm

I think of having the pellets on the floor as making it easier to "graze".

I wonder what he'd do with an untippable bowl?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm

My guess is that he'd lay in it after he figured out that trying to move it and chew on it it is fruitless.

CleoCharity

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:37 am

My girls knock their bowls over too. After trying a bunch of bowls that are supposed to be untippable that they still managed to tip over, I've finally decided to just let them do what they want. I've tried heavy ceramic bowls but one of my pigs picks up by holding the edge in her teeth, then tosses it over.