Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:30 am

Yeah, thats what I was asking… :).
if this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroscopy is good enough? IT wasnt an ultrasound..i ve read you all wrote ultrasound is worse on other topic. I think his vet did this or something like that. Diascopy, fluoroscopy-i dont know-he said its with an x-ray source.
if anybody knows what it is or have it done to pigs?

HE said if he saw something, Irie Will stay there..but than they came back and he said he didnt see nothing wrong and of course i was happy.

Now, I feel a little bad about it to be honest, but if ask vet he would say(I know him that well, but I checked it-we ve always got a bit of that if ask too much or if i am over worried and i sometimes do). I ll always remember how hard time i had asking them for second baccterial culture a year ago, but they ve dont itand found out than. I dont have that many vet options as you in the USA, so i stick with the best and try to make things function.

Anyway, at the end of the day I can always ask again, altough I dont think it Will help me or I can get IRie just for this somewhere else-altough thats not the best option, cause his vets are by far most experienced here in our country-but still I can do this.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:53 am

According to Google: "Fluoroscopy is a type of medical imaging that shows a continuous X-ray image on a monitor, much like an X-ray movie. During a fluoroscopy procedure, an X-ray beam is passed through the body." It looks like a fairly high-tech device that I would assume would be able to see a bladder stone, same as traditional/static x-ray.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks so much!!!
I am grateful we can turn to you for advices and oppinions. As I said its a little bit too much(complicated) sometimes for me, but we are trying.

I really wish good luck to you and your pigs and to all others on forum:)

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 pm

okay..here we go again

I sometimes think as Liam Gallagher s new album Why me?Why not. In negative way I am so upset, cause sometimes things with us just dont seem to ever end. Ringo s got so many on going issues. And than Irie…

He was crying while urinating and pooping today.. a lot. Enough to scare everything out of me, (sometimes is Quite alright altough he s doing it all the time nearly). I can even record him and send it to you or bring it with me to his vets. I dont know what to do anymore.

Urine analysis was done at home twice(including today), both time it showed negative-no blood in urine, no levkocytes, just a little bit of proteins, cause he was eating pellets before so he drunk a lot of water. His ph was 9.0 which is not impressive also, but i suppose thats cause he was eating pellets, to.

So it cant be UTI(infection) i have Ringo having UTIs and his urine analysis was horrific(iv e done it i saw it..we did ultrasound it showed infected bladder clearly).

I have just one simple question and i sincerely apologize cause i dont remember reading it-before I put him through anymore diagnostics.

---Is it even possible that urine analysis is clear and he has the stone ornot at all ?

I dont even know i feel kind of stupid going there again asking for x-rays if they did diascopy or whatever and it showed nothing-i dont know honestly how much of it it can be seen and how much it can be missed out and things seem unlogical but the fact is he is still having problems.

His weight is not dropping. He is stopping 28 days of nebulizer session at sathurday. He does seem to be little fluffed up when he is defecating and he is crying..sometimes he stops a little and sits before he urinates-but otherwise he is lively. Like sometihing is bothering him, but than he goes to happy mood again.

My parents are backfrom vaccations and i can spend evening /night with him so i can check out if he is crying again-i was with Ringo at night all the time, cause he needs to be watched over and not alone.. if anybody can answer my simple question that would be really nice so I at least know if that is completely impossible or it can be. We ve got 5 more tests at home. So we can check it out, but his urine seems very clear lately.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm

It's entirely possible to have a stone and a normal urinalysis. But you should know that you can't depend on the "normal" readings on the strips -- on some things, guinea pigs are very different from humans.

Just as a for instance, they're herbivores, so their urine is normally basic (greater than 7 on the ph scale) while human urine is normally acidic (less than 7). Other values are like that as well.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Okay,well, thats bad than and ph is alright.

Thank you very much for your answer!

We ll see how he ll be doing in next few days. If it wont go back to normal..he ll have to go back or we ll need to figure something else out.

I cant do much else for them… even that its hard enough for me. The vet should have seen it, really. I am at home all summer for them. You would think thats enough, but no it is not. It never is:(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Remind me if he is on pain medication. Unsure if I posted this link but what you describe sure sounds like stones.
https://www.guinealynx.info/records/view ... p?f=3&t=21

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:34 pm

It really does, although I would have thought that the use of fluoroscopy (assuming that was the type of diagnostic done) would have shown a stone if one were there.

At this point, though, I think I'd ask for a set of regular x-rays just to be on the safe side.

Ditto, an NSAID such as Metacam might help in the meantime if you have it on-hand and aren't already using it (can't recall, without looking back).

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:02 am

Thank you both..I know for me it sounds like it, too. That why i asked them twice. :(.I ve reed some pigs had that kind of weak musculars or something and even if stones arent the case, i would like to know what it is. And I know he started this after excessive amount of medications last year, but i want to be sure(they gave him bactrim, baytril, azithromcyn and injections-it was too much for him even if with breaks).

No, he is not on pain medication and i dont have any at home(for pigs, you know, just fordogs, but I wont give that to him). As I said what its untypical is he overall is not in pain just when defecating sort of.

We Will figure something out. The problem is our vets are very experienced and i am so how do you say messed up cause of whole thing with Ringo and than this with IRie that last time we were there vet said i am gonna do fluoroscopy and i said does he need anasthesia and he said no.. and i said are you sure..and he just started smiling at me..and he said i would have told you.

But us always got something untypical first this bacteria, than this. Of course i am happy they did not see anything, but how many more times we Will need to check if he just wont stop..eh.

Thanks again..i ll let you know how is it going..now he looks so happy-and i need to calm down and get some sleep and than watch him.. cause otherwise i ll say something crazy at vets again..and...i would like to get this over with

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 am

If he has stones, or even if he doesn't but is having painful urination/defecation, something along the lines of Metacam can help provide relief while you sort this out.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Thanks very much. I ll have to go to vets to get Metacam anyway. Ive got my previous pig on it for tooth overgrowth after operations i think.

During the day it was Quite alright. But at the very late evening he just cried when he urinated and there were two darker drops again-rosy like. And to be honest-mother say you re complicating things-yes i dont know how to work this out. But something seems off with me in all this. Like really.

If he is for example focused on food or on recall(he is trained dog like-he even does tricks) he doesnt cry but if you let him be he does all the time.

I ll tested him two more times tomorrow-especially if i see darker urine. But Ill ask for x-rays. Soon-i decided.

His vets-god bless them both-but are so stubborn and older than me and its sooo nerve wrecking for me. Theydecide. Okay. But its my pig and i am scared for him and i would like to know for sure if he doesnt have the stone. And if he Will ever need any kind of operation-i hope not-of course i would want them todo it.

You cant come there and said do that, even if we talked about it before, no other vet decided something else. End of discussion. And then i am impolite or what. I do my best to get along with them, but is my Irie that is in question and honestly even with his on going infection-how many times-yeah they helped and all that and i respect them-but i went there up to 15(!)times to sort this out. No its not okay, no its not okay-so they kept coming with new ideas.

I think I ll bring him somwhere else for x-rays, I hate it, but if our vetsdont wanna do it, what can ido..HE is my last pigglet, cause this is impossible i swear. Even if he is coolest, smart, legendary, cute and allabove and looks like lion. I cant do this anymore.

Mum said he is so lively, he is healthy i am telling you-yeah he is. Luckily. But there is a reason he sometimes urinates darker orange/rosy whatever drops and thereis a reason why he is crying when he urinates.

Hope i can figure this out in next few days or lets give me week or few more.i hope it wont be something wrong with IRie during this time. He Will be 4soon and he is not so Young. too-so i am aware there could be more problems when he gets older. Luckily he is urinating a lot so it doesnt seem he cant do it,...cause I think than he would do it less and less than right.

I ll updated.. i am so grateful that i at least..i mean at least we have you all on our side:) It means too a lot to me..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

If he is for example focused on food or on recall(he is trained dog like-he even does tricks) he doesnt cry but if you let him be he does all the time.-
when he is urinating/defecating