Sam and Dean

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:46 pm

So our human is going out of town tomorrow to see his dad and stepmom. It may well be the last time he gets to see her as she is almost 80 and hasn't been well. He'll be gone for 4 days and is leaving us with family. He always leaves very clear instructions for our care and feeding and he calls regularly to check on us. We won't be going outside while he's gone because he doesn't trust anyone else to look after us while we graze.

We're going to miss him as much as he's going to miss us, but we'll get through it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:24 pm

I am sure you will show your human how much he was missed when he returns!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:49 pm

The human got home and wouldn't you know it. He went to Scruffy first. That's probably because Scruffy chews the cage and he doesn't want him damaging his teeth. It all worked out in the end because we all got plenty of love and hay. We're glad he's home because we get to go outside and eat grass again.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Well, they've really done it now. Those humans are spraying the entire valley for mosquitoes because they are testing positive for West Nile Virus around here. That means no outside grass eating time for a while. The stuff they're spraying is supposed to be safe for animals. After all there are thousands of wild rodents here and they eat the vegetation too. Still, our human doesn't want to risk it for us. He thinks that mowing the lawn a week after they spray along with generous watering of the lawn should be enough to make it safe for us to eat the grass. In the meantime, we'll just have to deal with it.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Tell your human he can easily grow wheat grass on a windowsill so you never have to undergo such deprivation again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 pm

What a hardship!

Could you cover a section of the lawn so it doesn't get sprayed? A section that could not harbor mosquitoes?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 am

What they sprayed is known as larvacide. It occurs naturally in plants and is supposed to be ineffective against eggs and fully developed insects. It is deadly only to mosquitoes in the larva stage. I just couldn't stand those little faces looking out at me saying "Papa, please". So I hand picked a bunch of grass and washed it off for the boys. What can I say? I'm an old softie 😁

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Dean is still a wee bit skittish, but he stopped eating just long enough to get a good photo of him getting his lap time and grass treat.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm

So cute!!!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 pm

We had a 4 way meet and greet on the lawn. Maybe Mr Bubbles and Scruffy aren't so bad after all. The human doesn't dare let us get together without the cage barrier. Probably a smart idea not to. We probably won't get along. We tend to argue with each other when we're outside so he has to separate us. We're good to go when were inside though. Don't ask us why. That's just the way it is. Imagine with all 4 of going at it. Not something the human wants to see.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 am

Secrets! You know they are sharing secrets, right?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 am

Plotting to overthrow the humans