Best cage/enclosure for keeping bedding and stuff inside? (Bonus points if modern)

BigBrother

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:52 am

Hey guys, looking to move two wittle piggies to my apartment. Our current cage, pretty standard Petsmart buy, sees them throwing bedding and other bits outside of it. I would really, really, *really* like to avoid this in my apartment. It's also very modern in design/decoration. Any suggestions for an enclosure that could both blend in with the decor and keep all the pieces inside?

Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:27 am

Large cages are the best. Lots of people use fleece these days which means the bedding is not tossed out of the cage. I have seen some absolutely beautiful cages made with plexiglass sides which would, of course, keep hay and other things in place.

A great place to look for ideas is www.guineapigcages.com where there is a gallery of cage images.

When a product like plexiglass is used, since it blocks air flow, it is especially important to have a really big cage.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:48 am

Plus, no pet store cage is really large enough for pigs. And if they're males, it's really not large enough.

BigBrother

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Any suggestions on where to buy one? Don't have the bandwidth right now to make my own. I obviously came across the store from the link you posted:

https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/

Should I know of any others? Thanks!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Nope, that's the place to buy them -- you get the best materials, and the proceeds support the Guinea Pig Cages website as well as several others.