Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 am

That is an excellent video. Very creative use of a box as a quiet place to calm down so an xray can be taken. You can see how crisp their two xrays are - so much detail - easy to see stones if they are present.

Not sure eating food would give as good an xray because there are tiny movements involved in eating.

I wish you success.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 am

I contacted another vet, who already successfully operated the stones in 1h 10min drive away if we could do an x-ray. Its funny how Irie is urinating a lot than my sister say-he was making Quite the sounds in the morning-he doesnt have the stones-he was negative on everything by now..and i am just like but why he is crying...and she said go to his vets and tell them to find out why. Not what they cant do, damn...really.

Anyway. Maybe we ve Will finally have some luck with this one. This is last option - Iries vets(who werent prepared to do it last time), another exotic unexperienced vet(who would like to try, but i dont like the Word try, he said he usully doesnt do this without anasthesia), Ringos vets(who of course Will do it anytime, but we would have to somehow to maybe with your help transcript the results correctly) and than this forth option-maybe with this one goes well-i am waiting for an aswer. That s it. Our complicated life. But I Will choose one of thoose four options i aint gonna contact no one else. Its been enough

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks, Lynx, again! I am really looking for the best ofoption. At Ringos vets we Will try it with the box if they are up for it:)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 am

This is a long topic. To recap, pain on urination can be a urinary tract infection (bacteria would be found in the urine), bladder stones (diagnosed via xray - can also be a concurrent urinary tract infection - stones are fairly common with the signs you are seeing) or interstitial cystitis. The last is undiagnosed pain that is generally helped somewhat with pain medication. Other causes are ruled out before interstitial cystitis is diagnosed. I think a link was put up to Tracis' Links Topic in the Records forum.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:22 am

Yeah, you are helping us almost a year!!:)
Infection is ruled out. Stones are half ruled out. For now we have to completely ruled out that. I have to read again about interstitial cystitis.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:37 am

The other vet said yeah:):)!!!I am so happy i have to report the news!!
She said she can x-ray pig without anasthesia. Now we have someone if our vets dont wanna do it..and wont wanna!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Very good! Let us know what you find out.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 am

I Will of course!

I think it doesnt matter its a little bit hard for me i ll ask his vets for oppinion again. If we wont get it together(we need them for prescribing Irie medications, anyway-for life) I would say alright thank you and than contact this another vet for exotics that saidthat she ll do it no problem.
There we dont even have to wait. Only drive is a little long, but i Will ask if we can come atmorning so we can get over it quickly there wont be a lot ofother animals and stuff.

As Silvia Trkman wrote(she s fromSlovenia too:);)I am proud!) what her dogs Will be if they would have a job. Irie would be, orhe even is my shaman:) Just loose your self importance and do the best for the pig.. We Will let you know..

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 am

Sounds like a very good plan. I'll keep fingers crossed that you finally get some answers!

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 am

Eh..he was making sounds all night again.. Its wierd with him this,i would say unusual. I am checking out he urinates and poops for a few days we dont go to vets and that he does luckily normally.

Anyway, we have scheduled vet visits moneday-wednesday-Irie(2-x-rays and maybe else?) and Ringo one(eye pressure check out and long discussion how we willsolve it and biopsy if vet wontbe sure what kind of mass he has on the back). No anasthesia or pills for anyonemall in normal states..

Willcomeback here on wednesday to report. We have to survive that;):)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 am

I take it his penis was thoroughly checked out? Only other thing I can think of that might cause a blockage and therefore some pain is congealed semen in the urethra. This is pretty rare but has happened.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 am

It was..last time at his vets his vet said to held Irie so he Will clean his penis and i was like is this true or what;) sometimes this veterinary business its a little bit odd. But I dont know if he had sperm rods again or why he said this..i didnt see nothing wrong with it..alltough i dont necessary checkthoose things cause i just think you know let them do it themselves:) Even if they re uncastrated males. I choose agility for Ringo and not dog shows, cause wanna animals to have normal lives..and not check out his penis or what,altough i get your point itcould be a problem.:)

I cant wait for this x-ray results, to report what is with stones, first. Cause he urinated few drops only 2h ago, but than mostly he does it a lot. But this also seems strange to me, but maybe is not. Maybe he is marking teritory-if it always goes back to normal.Only test results are what interested me by now, thats why iwas upset his vet didnt want him x-ray month ago-altough they say with stones is usually blood in urine..usually, oh well..i ll report the results, hope wewont have to go in emergency tillmoneday, he looks good. And.. we ve got enough money anyway, even if we ll have to go:)