Spencer's Abscess

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:01 am

Fingers crossed here, too!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:36 am

Thank you everyone! So far, so good! The vet has officially discharged him this morning. The granulated tissue has significantly shrunk. He may always have a pea sized hard lump of scar tissue.

But because I'm paranoid mom I'm going to still check the lump multiple times a day lol

RyanMarie24

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Just wanted to update:

Abscess has not come back. His incision is open a little bit still and still draining a bit. Vet isn't concerned and said that normal.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for the update! So good to have positive news. I do hope it eventually closes completely and heals completely.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Great! Ditto -- hoping for continued healing and NO more issues with it!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Thank you! I looked and can't find where it still open. The vet found it. Said it was the size of a pinhole and that it is good that it is still draining because that means it is still healing. He offered to shave his fur that grew back but I declined. Poor Spencer has been through enough already lol

Oh i forgot! All of the granulated tissue is gone! Only thing you can feel now is his little scar

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Again, good news! So glad up updated your topic. We often wonder how a guinea pig is doing!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:14 am

I unfortunately don't have good news. I took hin back it bc it was stil draining a little. Ive been asking about it and the other vets kept saying the little lump is scar tissue. He saw the surgeon today and needs surgery Wednesday as he feels it's the abscess again 😭. He said its very small so it won't be as complicated as the other two surgeries.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Oh darn. Well, sounds like you caught it early enough that it should be a fairly straightforward procedure. Good thing you kept on top of it.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:41 pm

I'm just.upset because I brought him in several times to check it. And they always just said it was ok ☹. I think drs should listen to concerns more. Ugh. They checked his teeth and said all looks well. They're going to do more xrays.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Sorry about the news! I so hope this will eventually completely clear up.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Me too! The vet said the most he's ever had to do on a piggy to get rid of an abscess is 3 surgeries. This will be number 3. Poor Spencer. He's a tough cookie. ❤