Calcified lump by the ribs

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm

She's a beautiful little girl!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Oh, she is indeed! I'm glad you posted a picture of her.

FunkisHen

Post   » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 am

Thank you! She is so precious, such a funny little personality.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:28 pm

How pretty!!

Clint The Cuy

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Is she experiencing any other clinical symptoms aside from the palpable lump? If it’s just an incidental finding and she is otherwise comfortable, I don’t know how much I would do about it. Manage her pain if it comes as you’ve already mentioned.

I would just continue to monitor it for change. If it is benign and/or slow growing, she may not ever be affected by it, especially when considering her age.

FunkisHen

Post   » Sun May 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi everyone.
Just a little update on Valentina. She is still going strong, although I her lump is growing, it's growing slowly thank goddess.
I thought I'd lose her in February as she'd had a urinal tract infection and then one of her lymph nodes swelled up so I thought she had lymphoma. (I've had two pigs that died from lymphoma, a rapidly onset version that had them showing a lot of UTI symptoms before the swelling showed the real problem. They were sisters, one died when she was 3 yo, one month after diagnosis, the other one died in January this year one DAY after diagnosis. 4.5 yo, not showing any signs of illness until 2 days before she died. That's why my first thought was lymphoma.)

Thankfully, it wasn't lymphoma. She got better with some TLC, and me watching over her like a hawk.

I'm worried about her now, as her lump is growing and I'm worried about how long she'll last without feeling much discomfort from it. She's a tough cookie, but she's not immortal (unfortunately).

For now she's enjoying spring and having grass for dinner every day!

Image of her and her friend Lilla My:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm

I can't see the image, but that's encouraging news. Fingers crossed that she continues to do well for as long as possible. Thanks for the update!

FunkisHen

Post   » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Yeah, not sure why the link broke... Check out my IG @ guineapigsandadog if you want to see pics!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm

I removed the image tags so it can either be visible or clickable. To use image tags, the url needs to end in img, jpg, jpeg, or png.

FunkisHen

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Valentina died last week. Her tumour had grown, she was on maximum painkillers and started to get several problems due to more tumours inside her so I made the decision so she wouldn't have to suffer. She stopped breathing after the sleeping meds kicked in, nuzzled on my shoulder, after eating her fill of grass and cucumber.
I'm heartbroken but so happy for the years we got together.

Thanks to everyone who tried to figure this out. She was almost 7 now, but had it not been for the tumours she would have lived for many more years on pure will I'm sure. She was a very special, stubborn, happy, chatty, cuddly, amazing little pig, and I miss her so.
Cuddle your piggies x

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:31 am

I'm so sorry you lost her. She sounds like a wonderful pig.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:53 am

I am so sorry that you lost her, but at least you had some good, quality time with her before she passed. You can keep those happier memories in your heart forever.

Best thoughts to you.