Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm

He didnt touch mushed up pellets. I ll update how it Will be overnight. I ll try to put on it few drops of orange juice(from orange directly)that worked with my previous pig. Otherwise i ll started hand feeding him once day if he Will otherwise eat on his own on moneday-cause he is stressed out cause our vet is so agressive..attack back;)

rjespicer

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm

I lost a certain amount of faith in our vet when one of our girls was ill and they suggested euthanasia due to "Structures" in her chest area.
We politely declined and kept treating her with Lasix and hand feeding her and she is fine now.
She also had a swelling on her cheek that the vet lanced, with out anesthetic, but that went away when we were treating her with Chloramphenicol at the same time as the Lasix. She is now the biggest of our piggies weighing in at over 1200g and hasn't shown any other signs of problems.

Along with the Benebac I would also hand feed wit Critical Care or the pellet mush, use a syringe to feed him if he wont touch it in a bowl.

On another couple of occasions with another of our girls who was struggling and nipping when the vet tried to hold her and the vet almost dropped her, then the vet called for an assistant to help her with a "Suicidal Guinea Pig". I wasn't too happy with that comment either. I think some vets woudl benefit from some guidance on "Bedside manner", Ok they may not need it for their patients but they certainly do when dealing with their anxious carers.

for what it is worth i have a raised lump like that, which is brown, I have had it since I was a kid, so far it has never given me any issues, but then I am not a Guinea pig. Fingers Crossed and good luck.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Thanks! Thats so inspiring:)

i decided we ll look for all and everyoption.
1. we Will try to sort out not eating pellets and do bit of hand feeding and benebac
2.nebulizer terapy
3. for this skin formation i ll try cbd. I ve read guinea pig can consume it but i would apply it as itswritten it helps as it directly react with sebacious material-stop it to from..and prevent irritation. or normal warm compress few times a day..verygently. If i remember nothing is wrong if pigs ate it.
4.check other options myself (likebiopsy)
5. check if there is any chance that i held Irie
6. cause we dont hav emuch choice-as i said and that made me horrible sad, cause irie was always at thoose vets. But you ve got to work for yourself there and everywhere- ITs about us anyway.
7. we ll try better new photos for you and to send it on paid human dermatology..if anyone can tell more.

we only stop to start again and we always Will. If Irie wouldnt fight infection i wouldnt be so hestiant about anastehsia. But if somebodys life is on hte line i ll be as suspicious as itgets.

if you can add any more suggestion (add 8.)
we Will only be grateful..and we aint ungrateful to the ones who helped us and wewont ever be like that

It so doesnt matter what kind of characters we have-i am proud of it, okay.;) we react and thats about Irie he reacts. Even if violently. What is greater than endless Will power. Heaint even 1kg. Hands down:) And let your strength be your strength..:)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:56 pm

6.point is looking for other option at other vets

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Rjespicer your suggestion is already working!!
We had four o clock in the morning check and Irie ate half of him pellets soup.. it s normal dossage of pellets twice a day! Great..now i dont have to force fed him! I brought him 1/4 as a treat and went back to sleep.

And If he s having any kind of tooth issues. He eats hay and grass perfectly and if he does it..i wont complicate things. It Will show if something is up.
As I know him it might hurt him a little bitand than he stopped. He reacts quickly. He s smart.

And I still dont get it.. you know there they have ferrets and rabbits and all thoose! Either they were not trying and if they did and pig *burned out* the house down..than i am as speechless as yesterday. Like when police officer stopped me.. you are a criminal. I can see it. You even looks like it. It was so funny cause I am small and thin..like really. I cant stop laughing on that remark and never Will. But I have to run all thoose drug tests, so he actually meant it. I said no problem. It came back negative and he said..No! I think I am right about you still..

Oh well..beware of us;)

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:19 am

I have just one question left before I leave you alone for a while and started acting. And i dont really wanna at this stage ask the vet.

Why do you put your pigs through anastesia to get biopsy?
Cause you can harm them with needle if you stick it elswhere?
or because it hurts them?

Please if anyone have some reasonable explanation as all said it cant be done if pig is awake. I dont understand, i held Ringo, i cant see why i cant hold Irie

I am thinking, but thats really last option toget biopsy and sent itnot where Irie vets Works, but in Germany as Ringos vets once suggested.
But either way we Will wait if this stays them same. Cause if he had it two months. I cant belive it can hurt him in anyway if he has it 4-6 months, even if its cancerous i do not belive it can spread that fast.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 am

One tries to make sure a guinea pig is not put through unnecessary pain. I am guessing a vet would decide what worked best for a particular procedure. If it was going to be very painful, movement might make doing the procedure more difficult.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:54 am

Thanks for a quick respond. So its not necessary. Yeah, I can bring him to Ringos vet in December-moneday morning. Anytime. I can held him, etc.And my sister both altough i dont think that is needed. But I have to say that..even she said ifits dangerous they Will cut it out and sent it on histology. She also commented that (Ringos vets), colour dont say nothing in Iries case.

And I am no vet to know why they didnt mention biopsy. It can diagnose basal cell carciona, cause its written. Well, he think is a gland..thinks..if it was mine i would have squeeze it now. Altough my mum said how is he thinking of doing that, it doesnt even seems to me he can do that-she saw the formation many times...well mum was right. She also thinks its not cancerous and she had cancerous formation removed years ago-it grew from the inside-outside it was unchanged,

+ If you squeeze gland or poke it with needle it can repeat, if you surgerical remove it it Will never repeat. I can tell him if pig Will go, you Will go..are we cool with that..no, i cant afford it in any possible way this kind of risk. And with scenes we already had at Iries vets through the years. If it didnt change, it wont change, he would say oh i am sorry, he didnt make it, it happens. Yeah and if he was a kid, are you gonna say this, too.

We Will go offline for three weeks, i ll sent you a photostough..but otherwise i need a break cause i Will write 5posts every day.

I wouldnt be so hestiant 1.)if he was not a pig 2.)if wasnt infected 3.)honestly i Will never get along with his vets despite all efforts as well as with Ringos.. its just not working..i wish the other vet would held Irie, altough vet tech there seems alright, some girl around my age, but..he is more determinated. But as they are not private..ah..we had bad luck missing the other vet couple of times. If he Will be there when i came there again to get medications ican alwaysask him,but of course they wont put oppinions against each other cause this is useless, right.

Irie ate hay, Apple, mushed up pellets,..he was very excited as he came out:)I love how to run from his big house..with this fur falling everywhere.

Idecidedwe Will sent it to FirstDerm+start cbd teraphy for 21 days(but i ll wait a week just he started eat everything) just apply it once a day, nothing special..or twice. If there are any results i would be gladly let youknow.

Btw..i read that..funny isnt it.."A seed sown out of season never thrives."
We are very out of season with this formation..or his vets are out of season all the time or maybe i am. i said i dont know if there is full moon for
me always

once a ladywe trained agility with who is a vet but for farm animals..said..Ringo had suspicious thing on his bladder, it was luckily not cancerous..
she said youre doing so well, yet you always lost itcause you doit so panickly and agressive. But how can i if just one out of my four pigs reached normal age..

But its enough ofmy frustration..if you cant walk you crawl..i crawled alright yesterday..and i ll be for a while…:,,). Thanks all again <3

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:57 am

Just to add..Bob Marley died cause he refused a treatment for skin cancer at least i think. It hit me that hard that I applied Irie for this removal that they couldnt do, cause even that ididnt wanna do so they wouldnt hurt him..he hurt them than.
So..Iries rasta pig..its..just. wierd.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 am

I just have to write this.. cause.. you know sometimes you search and you search..and than this idea comes and..damn. I dont think if it Will solve something..maybe not..but I decided to teach Irie to stay. Stay or freeze. I think he can do it..if he can go in hind legs..he can be still.. we llstart 2 sec, 5 sec, 10, sec..30 sec..minute..5, 10..etc. If we learn in month i ll post it here. When he Will stay i Will ask my sister to start messing with him so he Will ignore all signs from the outside.

Beside other options and treastments we Will try.. :) I seriously think we can manage. Really. Its where we came from. Straight from the doggo world. Wish all other pigs the best.:) And we start learn tomorrow! Silvia Trkman all the way.. nothing is impossible. He is crazy..but he is smart far far beyond average. My dog<3

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 am

Interesting idea! Keep us posted. I truly hope you can get this figured out.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks, Sef! Of course we Will..its very hard project, but.. if we made it through it.. thats it. Otherwise surgery is always posibility if its needed or leaving it alone.

We re here again cause i am ordering CBD 3%oil to apply it on formation every day for three weeks. Ingredients lindseed oil, coconout oil, canabinoids, sezame oil and lecitin. He Will not eat it.. but i just check..is that okay if he accidently consume it.. i think he cant but anyway?