Baby eyes, please help!

rruggiero

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm

So I just had a litter of two naked guinea pigs, aka skinney pigs, they are pretty small and their eyes have some milky white globs in them. They move around and they are in both eyes of both pigs. One of them has gone on one but the other eye is still there and the other pig has both. Is this a symptom of being born early? Is this something that should fix itself? Is there anything I should be doing for them?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Make sure they are eating enough from their mother. I don't understand what is going on with the eyes but it sounds like a vet visit would be in order. Your vet could identify any issues and provide treatment.

Are you breeding guinea pigs? This is very dangerous for the females. We do not support breeding at all.
www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:15 am

It could be entropion, a condition of the eye which causes the eyelid to fold inward, often causing eye irritation from the eye lashes rubbing against the eye; it's very uncomfortable.  It can be genetic and has shown up in Skinnies that have too many generations of hairless to hairless breeding.