Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:44 pm

It has quite a few that aren't shown in the picture. My green TMNT shirt is his favorite one to bite holes in.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 am

Lacey does the same thing when I pick her up. All my around-the-house shirts have holes in them.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Since I've been using a syringe to feed Scruffy and give him medicine, vitamins and probiotic, Mr Bubbles has wanted to get in on the action. He climbs up on his cage, popcorns all over the place and does his little pleading for attention squeak. It's impossible to ignore him when he's being so cute so I started making up a little extra critical care just for him. It's not much more than 1 ml, but it makes him happy. After he gets his fix, he goes into his house, stretches out, lets out a great big yawn and takes a nap.

Right on cue, Sammy and Dean started doing the same thing. I'm going to have to give them a little bit too. I'm a sucker for a cute furry face and a squeak. Who said guinea pigs don't get spoiled? 😁😁

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 pm

It's not a bad idea to give pigs a clot of CC once a week. It reminds them that they like it, and it makes it easier to give it to them when they're ill.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm

All 4 of my boys like it and will eat it voluntarily.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Going through some old pictures and came across this one of Mr Bubbles. This was taken on the day we got him and put him in his cage for the first time. He went right after the pellets!

This is him now for comparison:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:32 pm

What a handsome guy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:02 am

In loving memory of Scruffy, who passed away tonight, I'm posting some pictures of his best times and this tribute to his life with us. He was the most unique, resilient and precious pet I've ever had in my life. I will always cherish him and the wonderful things he did. He made our lives that much better being part of our family.

Scruffy on the day we made him part of our family. He was meant to be my Guinea Pig. I knew it at the very moment I saw him at the pet store. He was the only one of the babies who didn't run and hide when I walked up.

Scruffy's first introduction to the outside grass grazing experience. This is the one thing he enjoyed more than anything we did together. He took right to it and felt very secure knowing that I would never let anything bad happen to him.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:08 am

Grazing along side of his big brother, Mr. Bubbles. Even though they couldn't be housed together, he still loved his brother and they always grazed outside together.

Scruffy perched on his house. He spent most of his time up there surveying the room. He always liked to see what was happening. When he got his new cage with the fleece forest, he used that house to get on top of it where the views were even better!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:15 am

His favorite spot to sit during lap time. He used to lick my cheek and nibble my beard from up there. Something only he did.

Scruffy during his recovery from the bowel infection which nearly took his life last year. Even during that tough ordeal, he never lost his spunk. His eating habits were never fully the same after that. Even through all of his health problems, he was still a happy, bubbly little guy.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 am

With the addition of Sammy and Dean to our family came the 4 musketeers. Scruffy loved his downstairs neighbors and he always squeaked when they did.

Scruffy loved having his chin rubbed. He never let me get away without rubbing his chin.

Farewell my sweet boy! I will miss you. Nothing can replace you or fill the hole in my heart. Your body gave out, but your spirit will live on forever.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:21 am

What a nice tribute to such a special guy. I’m so sorry for your loss. Scruffy had such a good life thanks to your good care.