Spencer's Abscess

RyanMarie24

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:37 am

Thank you ❤

So far Spencer's draining os back to his normal, thicker pus. I have not heard back from the vet yet...I'll keep an eye on it. Spencer is patiently waiting for Santa Paws lol

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:15 am

You too!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:11 am

Heard back from the vet. He said a change in consistency is a good sign. He didn't say why though. He said wants to keep Spencer out of his operatory as long as possible.

Believe me. For Spencer and my wallet...I am too lol

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:03 am

Hoping it is indeed a good sign! I am sure you will keep a close watch on it for changes or signs it may be becoming more infected again.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:25 am

Oh good! Glad to hear that. I'm not very experienced with abscesses, so I don't know why it would or wouldn't be a good sign, but I agree with Lynx's advice to continue to keep a close eye on it for any other changes.

Best to you both!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am

Just popping in for an update. Some days the pus draining is thick....some days its watery. So we just take it day by day. Once in a while his hole closes..which I open with a warm compress. Honestly just glad the incision never fully closed and that hole is there to allow the draining.

He is still happy as can be. Running. Playing. Eating. Despite losing a bottom tooth BC of this.
...he is able to eat everything and keep his three remaining front teeth even 😊

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

That's very good news! Thanks very much for the update. Do keep us posted!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:30 am

So Spencer hasn't really had drainage the past couple of days. I don't know if i should be happy or worried.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:51 am

How does the area look?

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:51 am

It looks normal. I'm still using the warm conmpress 2xs a day to keep the hole open. Just always worried it will abscess again.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:13 am

Unfortunately, it's something you'll probably always have to be watchful for.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Yup. Just hate he was dealt this card. He's the sweetest boy ❤