piggy noise

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 am

It is truly gut wrenching when I see him deep asleep. I placed a white towel under him to see if he pees and I have not seen any pee or poop. I warmed it up just a bit to keep him comfortable as well. This is the worst feeling. I truly hope he makes it. It is before 9am.

I need to just go to sleep or I will be here all night.

And that sounds terrible hearing seth has that much stone experience:(

Sometimes I just wish I would of went with the x ray that first day I heard that noice. We are here now and gonna make the best of it but it keeps making me wonder how it would of turned out you know.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 am

I would agree that he should have been seen when the crying first started, but hindsight is always 20/20 and now at least you can recognize the signs if you're ever faced with this again.

Keeping fingers crossed that he pulls through. Do keep us posted.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 pm

I woke up like 2 hours before I was supposed to and and I just had a feeling to go check up on him.

When I went to see him i saw him walking out of his hut limping of sort. Stomach looked bigger and i am sure it was the bladder distended. I immediately tried to have him come back into the hut cause the towel is there so he wouldn't move much. I decided to stay up and prepare everything and leave early to catch the vet coming in to the facility as early as possible.

I gave him both pain meds again but not water or food. I tried and see if he wanted some lettuce but refused. When I placed him back, he was able to wall a bit more. Because of the new med, it made him very drowsy before which is what the vet was banking on to try and insert the catheter to relieve some pressure from the bladder. After I prepared a lol baggy with his favorite foods and critical care bag, heated the car, prepared myself to leave, and keeping an eye out on him to make sure he is still with me. 2 hours later I picked him up to place him in the soft fleece towel in always use to transport him inside a big box.

I checked the white towel he had always been under. Before I couldn't see if he peed. Definitely didn't see pokp at all. I checked with the towel in my hand and saw he had been peeing which made me feel some relief and a good decision to get everything ready super early.

Made sure to keep an eye out during the trip and like always, he did respond to stimuli aka car movement and hand. He would move around and plop on the way there.

I saw the vet come into the clodes building and I flagged her down, explained everything and she let me in super early. I handed care of him to her. I havent heard back anything and it has been 4 hours. Will wait 2 more and give them a call. They said they would call me back when the operation was finished and when I could pick him up.

My.stomach had been wrenching so I tool a nap.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

The new med was gabapentin. I am sure cause if this, he never wined about pain since I gave it too him. Pretty sure it is very strong but who knows how much he could feel. Maybe enough that he would keep quiet? Or not at all which is what I hope for.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm

The vet was able to feel the stone and manipulate it down the penis and slice a bit open to get it out and stitch just a bit to avoid scar tissue forming.

2 hours later he was a bit weaker even doe he was looking good. She believes he is going into gi stasis due to anesthesia. Also mentioned it could also be others things going on at the same time with everything happening. Maybe kidney things and such.

She is doing allot for him at the moment but called her and told her I heard acidophilus capsules can help allot with statis. I read lots about it here in the forums. Anything else that can be useful?

I hope the probiotics works. She also has been feeding critical care I gave her after he woke up

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 pm

I was hoping of bringing him home because he may feel much more comfortable in the cage with the female pig. I am supposed to pick him up in 2 hours then she called for the second time saying what I wrote above.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Acidophilus capsules won't do much for stasis. They're used to repopulate the good bacteria in the gut which aids digestion, but they won't get the gut moving, which is what you need with stasis.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:50 pm

The vet said he stopped taking anything my hand feeding. Theu gave him critical care and food and other meds when he was active after surgery. He has declined and wont chew when putting the syringe in his mouth.

The 1 thing I wanted to try is bringing him back to the house with the female pig. He has always been super comfortable here. Maybe he will start accepting something later.

I will spend all my time with him, even all night trying to nurse him in what I can.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 pm

I'm messaging his tummy to help a bit. I do hear it moving

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Decided to let him rest in his cage with the female on top of a white warm towel. Next to him is a long bottle with warm water which he is semi near and a blanket over him.

I was thinking maybe I am hurting him. May be a bit soar so I am gonna watch him and monitor him incase he ends up getting some kind of strength and instantly giving him anything he needs.

May be a long night

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Massage will help with gas build-up. He also needs handfeeding, fluids and a motility drug to get the gut moving again. You can let him rest, but you must get him to eat or his gut will shut down.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Is motility drug an injection? Because if it is from a syringe, he wont accept it. He wont chew so I cant feed him that way.

What is a motility drug?

And it sucks because the vet just close. 1 minute after your replied :(