piggy noise

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Do you think a replica with burrito's color for a buddy for my female piggy would be a goodnoption? Any tips?

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:19 pm

My sympathy to you. You did everything you could and I’m sorry you lost him. Maybe keep an eye on your female to see how she handles being alone. Then when you’re ready you could think about getting a buddy for her.

rjespicer

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Sorry to hear you lost him. We are lucky in that we have a 24 hour emergency vet we can go to. It is more expensive but at least it means we can get help when the usual vet is closed. I also hang on to any left over medicine, especially pain relievers like metacam just in case we need them, provided they are still in date.

What I have seen suggested by others for similar situations is when you feel you are both ready see if you can take her along to a rescue and see how she is with the piggies they have available.
Our little boy was by himself for about 6+ months and seemed to do OK but he didn't have a companion initially and I did spend a lot of time fussing over him so he got a lot of attention and would popcorn all over his cage when I was spot cleaning and wheek when he wanted fussing. He is now in with our 3 girls after being snipped at the start of December.
It is probably harder for a piggy who is used to a companion to then be alone but others may have more experience of that.

RIP Burrito

SybMom

Post   » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm

I’m late to this but have a similar issue. Mine too has been squeaking when pooping. Not every time. But enough for me to notice. An X-ray didn’t show any stones. Just waiting on a urine sample. One last week didn’t show any UTI. But I’m trying again just to be sure. This is all so stressful!