Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 am

Look at Mr Bubbles stretch out! He grabs my finger and pulls it towards him if I don't have a treat for him or if I stop petting him during lap time. It's so funny!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 am

I love when they stretch out like that!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:00 am

Mr Bubbles had his few minutes in the fresh air and warm sunshine today. There is a small patch of green grass. Snow is supposed to be here on Sunday, so I was glad to have this chance to let him graze. Even though it was only a short time.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 am

Handsome boy! Glad he got some fresh air.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 pm

How nice! We have months to go until green grass. Of course, Lacey doesn’t understand that so when I come in from taking the dog outside she’s staring me down wondering where her fresh grass is. And I’m on the last bag of frozen corn husks, so in the next month or so things will get ugly around here.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:33 am

We don't normally get any green grass this time of year. We're in a little bit of a false spring right now but that's supposed to change in the next day or so.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:40 am

I got tied up with some things today and this evening. The kids are having a get together with friends for Valentine's. With all of the prep work and waiting for my wife to change the bandage on my finger, I didn't get to the store for the guinea pig veggies until very late. I was a couple of hours late giving the boys their night time veggies. There's always plenty of hay in their cages for them to eat at their pleasure, but the veggie service is something they are all accustomed to at a particular time.

When I'm late by more than half an hour, they start letting me know. Poor Mr Bubbles must have been really angry because he tossed his cage like I've never seen him do before. He had dumped over his pellet bowl, turned over his house and pushed it across his cage and was laying down in his tunnel. He goes in and out of it, but he only lays in it when he's mad. When I went to get the tray I serve them from, he was looking out at me with a scowl.

After that quick little dirty look and I set his house and pellet bowl back, he went to doing zoomies (something he rarely does), popcorning and squeaking vehemently. It was both sad and adorable. The others were happy to see me come in to get the tray too, but they hadn't tossed their cages. I felt so bad about being late with the veggies that I took him with me to the kitchen and had my granddaughter hold him while I prepped the veggies. I also gave him a couple of little scraps to munch. He's all happy again. I never realized how the boys are set into the feeding routine and that they know when it's time to get veggies. Now I know.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:11 am

Each of these guinea pigs is such a personality! Sounds like you need to set a carrot stick or something aside to hold Mr. Bubbles over should you be late again!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 am

"He grabs my finger and pulls it towards him" It's so cute how they tell you what they want. Our girls seem to be aware that it's veggie time +/- about 1/2 hour.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 pm

How do they know the time? Around 5 pm Lacey gets really demanding for veggies and she has corn husks in mind. If I try other treats first, she throws them on the floor of her cage. This is the time I would get home from work. She and the dog and I would all have a treat. I retired, but she still has me on the clock.

And of course anytime I put a treat in the dog’s dish she comes running, even if she was fast asleep. If she doesn’t get a treat, she paces and wheeks and practically climbs the cage.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 am

Things start getting slammed around in Mr Bubbles cage if I'm more than half an hour late with the veggies. A guinea pig with a temper and an attitude. How adorable is that? When he's happy, I get guinea pig kisses. When he's not, I get the evil eye and a tossed cage.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:39 am

Don't show this picture to your lady piggies. They'll want to meet this handsome guy! LOL!