Unsure of what happened to my pig

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 am

I’m so sorry to hear about Ringo. He had a good life with you and was so fortunate to be cared for and loved. Take care of yourself and Irie.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:36 am

Thank you very much!!its been awful year and awful summer..hope not for you, but for us it was the worst year, ever..2020..

We repeated an urine test this morning with Irie it was the same.. little bit higher level of leucocytes.
He is not squeequing when urinating..his urine smell normal i would say. And he is drinking normal.

We ordered a new tests and we ll try to get Bactrim that we have it here..if things got worse we still can find some vet to check it out.
We ll try to collect urine sample on our own and bring it in dog clinic for analysis but its hard to get that much that is enough for proper analisys at vets not just this with urine stick-we do that on our own at home. If we would do that that would be brilliant cause we would get clear results i think.

Cranberry juice is useless or not?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:01 am

If it's unsweetened cranberry juice, it can sometimes help soothe the bladder. I have used it myself with UTIs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 am

Once there is a UTI, it will not cure it. It is hoped to prevent a percentage of infections but your mileage may vary.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Thanks.. We ll use it than..!

And we already ordered new set of urine test for dogs(thoose were human ones) and also contacted a vet who offers visits at home for help! We re waiting for an answer..
So.. We ll update..and lets hope for the best..

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 am

Hoping all goes well. Have paws crossed here for you both! You have both been through so much, hoping things change for the better soon!

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Thank you it worked!!!

We got AB white tablet of Sulfametoksazol and trimetoprim (Bactrim) and we got Reglan so..
We will get urine tests tomorrow we already got a msg that postman will bring it, so we do few more tests and if it will be positive he ll get antibiotic and benebac and hopefully we dont have to see vet for any check up..

We worked hard as always, but thats the only way Ringo tought us..full force, craziness and positivism and lets go..thank you all..we ll update first with test results and than with an update if we ll have to cure this.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Very good! Do keep us posted.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:03 pm

12.8. Evening: all parameters good..!!! We had small urine sample tough.he is allways urinating when he is running on the floor so..its easy to do tests at home
this one also have creatinine levels! Thats cool!
We ll continue to check.

If anybody is interested we have this urine tests:
https://www.uranovet.com/en/product/uranotest-11c

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 pm

It looks like there are lots of guidelines to follow to get an accurate test. I hope it can tell you what you need to know.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Update..
Thanks for keeping fingers crossed for us!!
Irie was negative on all the urine tests so he doesnt need AB. We have it at home anyway..if we ll ever need it..
We re very happy:) and it seems our long-distance vet, who operated him so great was right..alright..just that we sort it out..:)

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:21 am

That’s good news. Thanks for the update.