These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Charybdis

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 6:22 pm

These four will be euthanized on May 12th at the Long Beach City Shelter:

There is no negotiating with this shelter. Animals who come into the "city side" (impound) are held for 7 days. They are then offered to the "SPCA side" where they can be adopted. The SPCA has the option to refuse or take in the animals. Whther or not they do is arbitrary and has nothing to do with cage space. It has to do with their strange ideas about what is "adoptable" and also what causes the staff more trouble to take care of.

The Long Beach SPCA has not taken in an exotics animal in years. Therefore all rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. who come into the Long Beach City Shelter will be euthanized in 7 days and they are never offered for adoption to the public. Only a rescue can take out a guinea pig from the Long Beach shelter and only on the 7th day.

There are 2 males and 2 females.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 6:24 pm

Chary, you're killing me! This is horrible to hear.

I love the guy/gal who looks like a lion. Of course, I feel terrible and powerless.

lisam

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 6:46 pm

I so much wish I lived down there. I would take them in a minute.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Love them all, especially the two on top. I hope they get out in time =(

wheeky8

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 7:14 pm

Chary - My offer still stands. If we can find transport people, I'll take in all 5. These four and the guy at Baldwin Park (edited, I got confused who was where). I can work with CCI to get them adopted.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 8:08 pm

wheeky 8 - where are you located? Colorado?

wheeky8

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 8:24 pm

Yup.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 8:40 pm

wheeky8 - I emailed you.

wheeky8

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 8:43 pm

Got it. Reply sent.

wheeky8

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 9:07 pm

Okay, folks. We need someone to pick up the pigs and hold them until this weekend, and a driver who can take them 1/2 way to Phoenix.
Red blur can meet them halfway between LA and Phoenix, and will deliver to Denver on May 30th.

Any drivers avail. from LA area?

jennylynn
GL Junkie

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 9:25 pm

Wait...what's the schedule and route?
Depending on what days you guys are transporting and the routes you're taking, I may be able to help out. (I'm in Vegas.)

wheeky8

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 9:27 pm

We need someone who can drive from LA 1/2 way to Phoenix this coming weekend May15th/16th.

Red blur will meet them at the 1/2 way point.

She'll hold the pigs until her trip to Denver May 30th, and bring them with her.