These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Suzie

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 9:31 pm

Argh!

That is so horrible. In case you want an option I just got the paperwork to become a GP rescue. The paperwork was minimal and there is no fee for a rescue licensue in MO. Contact your states Department of Agriculture and see what it entails. At least you could buy them some time while you found them a home.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 10:01 pm

Jennylynn -

My husband and I are driving up to Colorado for a wedding so we'd be fine for that leg of the trip. It'd be difficult to drive all the way to LA and back. But I could do half way no problem. Any So. Cal. people up for a trip to beautiful, scenic *cough* Blythe?

wheeky8

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:13 am

Okay, we've got transport. Yay!

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:13 am

Dont have a map with me but whats your idea of a midpoint?

Chary-- if you want to take up red blurs offer and you dont have anyone able to do it, let me know. I may be able to a few weeks from now.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:15 am

Oh, nevermind then. Yay for the pigs! I really liek that BP pig. AWesome butt hair.

christina

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:21 am

I'm confused. Is there someone getting the pigs out of shelter?

Is there a LA driver?

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 1:49 am

Yea I'm sure Chary got something worked out. Its awesome how deticated piggie lovers are.

I'm kinda glad I'm not directly involved with rescuing anymore. It seems like I'm either extremely psychotically anger at the world for the suffering of these and other animals or I have to pretend these things dont exist.. be oblivious. I cant seem to find a middle ground. =(

christina

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 2:02 am

I know what you mean. I have to keep a certain distance myself. But when I saw this....I felt like I should try to find a way to help.

I can't really get pigs out of shelter, since I would have to bring them back to a no pets apartment! It's hard enough just managing to sneak my herd out for vet appointments.

But if some transport is needed, someone e-mail me and I will see what I can do!

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 2:07 am

LOL. Well, your carrier looks like a picnic basket. =)

I'm pretty maxed out for pig storage too. My dad insist on putting my pigs in those kiddie pools. I insist that they can jump over the edge and he insist that they cant and that this is somehow neater. I'm only good for transport now. Any excuse for a mini trip is fine by us!

christina

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 2:11 am

Hee hee! That's true. We did buy one of those small cloth carriers at Anaheim Feed. It has the little carry handle on top and the mesh sides. It's perfect for the one pig trip to the vet.

When we moved here, we transported the pigs in their old pet store cages--at least those things came in handy for something! The whole back seat and the passenger seat was taken up by the 4 piggies for sure!

Those picnic baskets went by U-Haul truck!

Charybdis

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 3:48 am

Jezza is trying to get someone to pick up the Baldwin Park pig tomorrow. She can't do it because she will be in class. I can't do it because Meg is having surgery.

michiganangel72
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 11, 2004 6:44 am

You ladies are angels!! Thank you for saving the lives of these beautiful pigs.