It's been brought to my attention that the remaining 3 pigs here are not in that great of condition. All have mites and diarrhea, which they're being treated for. The sow is possibly pregnant, as she's been housed with one of the boars all this time. One of the boars looks lethargic and has a head tilt. Hopefully, they'll all survive the trip here. I'll re-evaluate them after their checkup and treatment here to decide if they'll be up for adoption, or remaining in sanctuary.
Critterluv has generously offered to house these pigs until they can be transported to their final destination.
There are 11 pigs altogether that we pulled from death row in the L.A. shelters.
2 are definitely pregnant
2 are possibly pregnant.
One is an orphaned baby.
3 are very old and sick (The Long Beach pigs).
The rest look fine. This is really a big load for Critterluv to take on short notice so many thanks for her generosity and dedication.
I'm sure that Pigpalooza could use any extra help in the form of donations or supplies to help with this extra burden (hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting this).
The rescue's address is:
Pigpalooza! Guinea Pig and Small Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 40373
Phoenix, AZ 85067
Do you have a blocker or something? If I don't get a response from you this way, I will call you tomorrow.
No worries. All is well on this end and we are all set to recieve these babies on Wednesday. We need to get in touch to set up the time and give you directions, etc.
Yeah I do believe I have your cell phone number. It is nothing urgent, I had just tried sending you a couple of notes with some current info.
I guess I can just share it with you here. First off, Wheeky8 asked me to let you know that her computer is down so if you or Jen need to reach her, it needs to be via the 'ol telephone. She also said that Shannon has an amazing cavy vet and that the 3 elderly pigs will receive the very best of care. I thought that you knowing that, might make your decision easier as far as sending the older guy with headtilt.
Red Blur and I got all the cages built tonight so we are good and ready for you to arrive on Wednesday. We need to touch base to pick a time for us to meet here and to give you the directions as well. I am easy to find from I-10 which is the freeway I assume you will be coming on.
That's about it. Nothing big, just notes.
"Barney" seems to be feeling better today. I can tell just by glancing at him. His eyes are brighter and he seems a bit more alert. He's been eating hay.
I'll let you know what the vet says after looking in his ears.
Let's make the meeting time as convenient for you as possible--so maybe email me your schedule that day? It takes me 6 hours to get there, and I'm kind of a night owl so later in the day would be better for me. I'm getting a hotel room so I can always go there first and wait until you're available. Or go see my new nephew in Mesa.
1-send the boar in Cage #6 to CCI, in order keep Hanky with the boar he's already paired with in #3.
2-if the LB pigs in #7 are really ill, it'd be better if they went to CCI. I'll foster the two sows (and pups)in #4 instead.
Maybe you can try to get the sows from 2, 5, and 4 together, and keep Hanky and his buddy in 3.